• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Recovery solutions claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Recovery solutions claim

Hi I wonder if someone can help me with a problem, I have had a notice of civil claim from a company called Civil Recovery Solutions asking for costs for security, cctv & administration, as I was accused of theft from a B&Q store for a £10 Stanley Knife. The knife was on my trolley when I went to the till but the cashier failed to scan it, there were other items on the trolley that were scanned and paid for but I was more interested in finding out the discount that I may of received with my trade card that I didn't notice that said item had not been scanned, it wasn't till I was stop by a security guard that id realised what had happened. What id like to know is this a valid claim letter? do I have to pay it? as technically I did leave the store without paying for the knife. would be grateful of any advice. thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Civil Recovery solutions claim

Originally posted by sparkster View Post
    Hi I wonder if someone can help me with a problem, I have had a notice of civil claim from a company called Civil Recovery Solutions asking for costs for security, cctv & administration, as I was accused of theft from a B&Q store for a £10 Stanley Knife. The knife was on my trolley when I went to the till but the cashier failed to scan it, there were other items on the trolley that were scanned and paid for but I was more interested in finding out the discount that I may of received with my trade card that I didn't notice that said item had not been scanned, it wasn't till I was stop by a security guard that id realised what had happened. What id like to know is this a valid claim letter? do I have to pay it? as technically I did leave the store without paying for the knife. would be grateful of any advice. thanks
    Can you itemise what costs they are asking for and were the police involved at all?

Comment

Were the police called? If so, what action did they take?
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi nothing was itemised, they are just saying that the value of the claim is an amount that covers the value of the goods(if appropriate) and an amount that compensates our client for the investigation costs, security costs and administration costs that they incurred as a consequence of my actions.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
          Were the police called? If so, what action did they take?
          the police were called they looked at the cctv, and said they were not going to take it any further. they were only called because the item was £10, and it is store procedure if an item is over £9.99.

Comment

Did they accept payment fr the item or did they just return it to stock.

Comment

Were the police involved?

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                Did they accept payment fr the item or did they just return it to stock.
                they didn't except payment they just took it off the trolley and put it to one side.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                  Were the police involved?
                  Originally Posted by bluebottle Were the police called? If so, what action did they take?
                  the police were called they looked at the cctv, and said they were not going to take it any further. they were only called because the item was £10, and it is store procedure if an item is over £9.99.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkster View Post
                    Hi nothing was itemised, they are just saying that the value of the claim is an amount that covers the value of the goods(if appropriate) and an amount that compensates our client for the investigation costs, security costs and administration costs that they incurred as a consequence of my actions.
                    Just so we're clear can you post the text of the letter relevant to the value of what they are claiming as any advice is dependent on it.

Comment

Being a retired policeman, the action the police took does not surprise me one little bit.

The circumstances are -

1. No offence committed or disclosed;
                      2. Badly-trained security staff going the right way about losing their SIA licence; and
                      3. Store manager behaving like a complete and total tit.

I am surprised the police did not give the store manager an earful for wasting their time.

As EXC says, once we have seen the letter you have received, advice can then be given.
                      Last edited by bluebottle; 5th April 2013, 13:57:PM.

Comment

copy of notice
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by sparkster; 5th April 2013, 14:38:PM.

Comment

Have you noticed how these chancers demand you send them evidence that you are innocent, but don't produce a single shred of evidence to support their client's allegations? I would be asking these chancers to produce evidence to substantiate their client's allegations and claim. Failing that, they and their client may be subject to legal action themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                            Being a retired policeman, the action the police took does not surprise me one little bit.

The circumstances are -

1. No offence committed or disclosed;
                            2. Badly-trained security staff going the right way about losing their SIA licence; and
                            3. Store manager behaving like a complete and total tit.

I am surprised the police did not give the store manager an earful for wasting their time.

As EXC says, once we have seen the letter you have received, advice can then be given.
                            the store manager wasn't involved as the plain closed security guard said that they take care of all of the security for B&Q, and he felt that I had concealed the knife under other items on the trolley.

Comment

Where precisely did the security guard first apprehend you and did you deny trying to steal the knife?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X