• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP gave my details to CCL who try to threaten with door step collections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLP gave my details to CCL who try to threaten with door step collections

Hello all!

About 8 months ago I've been caught shoplifting at TK Max, dumb as hell I know. Obviously never doing this again. I won't go into details as I went through a basic procedure, security called the police who gave me a warning, and I got banned from the shop for 1 year.

Few weeks after I started receiving the letters from RLP who claimed I owe them £I90. I got about 5 letters in total, in the last one I think they lowered the amount. I ignored all of them, the last one I got was probably in May. At some point I thought they finally left me alone, but in August I started receiving text messages (not letters) from CCL, a debt collection agency. At first I didn't even understand who they are and what they want, there first message was "Dear CCL Legal are trying to contact you urgently please call our freephone number ref number ________". Then there was "Dear CCL Legal have been trying to contact you before our client issue legal proceedings your ref is ______". Later there was another one offering me a discount.

All the messages are badly written and look like a spam. I've done a pretty good job at ignoring all of them, but yesterday I got this one: "Dear ____ CCL have tried to contact you many times your account is being referred for door step collections please call _____ urgently ref number _____". I'm wondering if at some point RLP might have sold my case and details to CCL? Are they really going to continue harassing me but now with people coming to my house? And what should I say if they come?

Thanks a lot!
    Tags: None

Its very unlikely they would but if someone did ever come to your house, just tell them to go away, you know nothing about it and to put anything in writing. They are not bailiffs or enforcement agents and have no rights or powers.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

What to say to them is very easy - two word response, last one being Off. My cat has more powers and rights than a debt collector. If I remember correctly the last time RLP tried Court they got well and truly spanked.

Comment

That's what I wanted to know, thanks so much!

Comment

Hi everyone. At the end no one came to do door collections (as far as I'm concerned), but I received another text saying they're "preparing the account for CCJ". Is there a chance a debt agency can take me to court? I'm pretty sure RLP gave away the case to CCL completely at this point

Comment

Only TK Maxx could take you to court as it is only TK Maxx who have a cause of action. TK Maxx could instruct a third party to issue the claim FOR them, but the claimant would have to be TK Maxx.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Okay, how likely do you think they will? It's been 9 months since that thing happened

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X