• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoplifting at boots scared !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifting at boots scared !!

Hi,

I got caught shoplifting at boots. I am deeply regretting my actions because I am only 18. Needless to say I will never dream of shoplifting again and won’t make any excuses as to why I did it. When I got apprehended there was no police involvement, the LP officer stated there will be no police but I will receive a fine and a 2 years ban from that boots.

I have received my first RLP letter and I am confused because it reads they are charging me 130£ for the time to taken to advice police and crime prevention schemes however there was no police involved ?? Please help as I am very confused and scared
    Last edited by Anxious1990; 6th August 2019, 18:11:PM.
    Tags: None

As every RLP thread states just ignore RLP. There has been no loss, they were doing what they were being paid to do and would have been paid even without your involvement. Looks like you got a standard letter, a template that doesn't fit all cases.

There is a collection of RLP letters on this site so you will know what to expect. They tried court once and got thoroughly spanked by the judge. Search for RLP Oxford.

It is not a fine, private companies cannot issue fines.

Comment

Hey thanks for your reply! I will end up ignoring RLP as I don’t see how 130£ is justifiable for 30 mins of security time.
      Last edited by Anxious1990; 6th August 2019, 18:12:PM.

Comment

Stop worrying -nothing they can do -throw it in the bin and get on with life .

Comment

Originally posted by Anxious1990 View Post
          Hey thanks for your reply! I will end up ignoring RLP as I don’t see how 150£ is justifiable for 30 mins of security time. However my concern is mostly with the part where they say there’s time taken to advice the police, I am unsure as to what that means because there was no police involvement? Confused :/
          That is a template letter that can be ignored.
          These people work by playing on their victim's fears, and they aren't concerned about whether or not their threats are truthful.
          They apply pressure anyway they can

Comment

I am coming up with every sort of scenario as I can’t seem to shake this incident and am very concerned if any criminal proceedings can be led from this :/
            Last edited by Anxious1990; 6th August 2019, 16:51:PM.

Comment

How many hours of footage do you think they would look at?
              Stop overthinking the situation
              Their tactics are working ... they have you worried.
              Ignore them

Comment

As one who has to, from time to time, look through CCTV footage looking for miscreants a search would not be started on the off chance of seeing you perhaps offend. It takes long enough to review even if you are given a day and an approximate time

Comment

Also with the crime partnership stuff, if my data is being shared with members am I not supposed to receive a letter confirming that it is being shared?

Sorry so many questions I’m just very anxious about this all
                  Last edited by Anxious1990; 6th August 2019, 18:13:PM.

Comment

No, the police have not been called.
                    The partnership's ‘legitimate interests’ (eg managing an exclusion scheme) probably provides a lawful basis on which it may process specific items of Offenders’ personal data for specific purposes without Offenders’ consent

Comment

Hi again, I'm a bit confused as I have not heard from RLP since the first letter which was received over a month ago. How comes they are taking so long to send the second letter? Has the matter perhaps been handed to the police??

Comment

Nope the police aren't and won't be involved - RLP are nothing to do with the police, this is now a civil matter, not criminal - the letter from RLP is an invoice NOT a fine.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Okay that's fine but I am just concerned as to why I haven't yet received the second letter from RLP? I was under the impression they are quite timely with their letters

Comment

Generally 4-6 weeks between letters so probably in the next week or so you'll get the next one xx
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I got caught with a perfume tester while walking out, the guys detained me and took my details + they found my passport which is not a British passport and took a photocopy of it. however, no police were called and they released me post signing a ban letter. Today I got a letter from RLP for 215 quids fine like everyone has got but at the store they never told me about the fine and said only thing that I'll face is getting banned from shopping instore and took my photo as well which he said that we have a very super HD cameras and will get you caught if you enter any of the store.
                              The only thing I am concerned about is if I ignore to pay RLP fine and since I am from another country and here on a work visa and Debenhams has a copy of my passport, can I suspect any impact with that like getting stopped on the airport or something?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X