• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DWF and M&S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWF and M&S

Hi
    I got caught shoplifting in M & S nearly 3 weeks ago. An under cover person caught me outside the shop. I was told if the goods where under a certain amount I could go. They where over the amount. To cut along story short the manger said to ban me and just pay for the goods. Then the undercover person wanted the police involved ( I kept calm but wasn't happy that m and s manger said one thing and under cover said to call police so I questioned this but got shouted out by under cover man. Police where called on 101 but they got told it would be over 4 hours for them to come so I was given a dwf letter telling me I am banned and that I will be given a fee to pay for the time the undercover person wasted and goods lost. ( no goods where lost ). I am not happy how I have been treated by the under cover person ( I think worked for m and s ).
    I have read up on here about what to do next or should I say not what to do but please could I have some advice on the following
    1, Is anyone aware of M & S or DWF taking anyone to court over not paying?
    2, could the police come if I don’t pay?
    3, could M &S contact me or the undercover person?
    4, had a bay-lift ever turned up at anyone’s house?.
    no letters have come yet and it’s nearly three weeks.
    thank you
    Tags: None

1,2 & 4 = No

3 = seems very unlikely - they have the goods back and there's no reason for them to contact you. Theoretically they could as you gave them your contact details.

Have a read of the letters you may receive here https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...rs-rlp-and-dwf
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you. Are you saying I didn’t need to give them ID? Would it count as harassment if anyone came to my house? Also on average how many letters do they usually send dwf? Could M&S ever decide to call police? Sorry I am all over place at the moment

Comment

No you are fine to have given them your ID, They only use it to put you on the band list and pass over to DWF to invoice you.

No one is going to come to your door. Normally there is four or five letters and then they send it to a debt collector who sends one or two letters and then they go away. As you can see from the scary letters thread It's really nothing to worry about and they are just speculative invoices which you can happily ignore. The police were not involved and won't be, nothing was lost, there was no loss to marks and spencers and the security guard was doing his job, which he was being paid for hourly rate, therefore there is no loss.

We haven't seen RLP or DWF go to court for many many years so really do not worry about it. Just post up here if you get any letters and want to check.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi
          recieved first letter from DWF. From reading your “ what to do if you are contacted by them” section. It’s telling me to get a SAR. Do I do this or still ignore them?

Comment

ignore

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X