• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP BOOTS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLP BOOTS

Hello everyone,

I'm writing on here as I’ve been reading a lot of Forums regarding RLP and not to pay them.

I was in boots a couple of days ago, I don’t know why because I had money to buy them but I just put some lashes in my bag. I knew i did it but I was unsure as to why.

Anyway, the ‘Store detective’ then decided to chase me out the building and man handle me, I had 2 bruises on Lyn back from how aggressive he was, he wasn’t very intimidating and used his male presences to attempt roc intimate me. I then called him out on this and he kept threatening me with the police. He tried to make me give him money then for “wasting his time.” I didn’t. Idiot.

He wrote down my full name, address and phone number and gave me a sheet with info of RLP saying I was to expect a letter in the post demanding money from me. The lashes came up to about £15 and I offered multiple times to pay for them, obvs I know I made the mistake and I am paying for that. I asked how much and he said £80 to £260 which I refuse to pay as that’s just extortion and I will not fund this corrupt government or stupid debt organisations.

I was just wondering though if anyone could give me some advice because I am very nervous about this, I’m 21 and still awaiting the letter. If I refuse to pay will I end up with a CCJ or whatever they’re called? Because I’m moving out with my boyfriend this year and I don’t want that embarrassment.

If someone could give me some advice I would really appreciate that!

Thank you
    Tags: None

Other than employee thefts we haven't seen RLP ( or the store that engaged them) take anyone to court for years ( they lost an important case in 2012 and don't seem to want to try again ) - however you will get letters, around 5 from RLP, then a couple from a debt collection company - and the letters do say what it is you are being 'charged' for.

In the exceedingly unlikely event Boots did try to take you to small claims court you could defend the case ( or decide to pay it then - though it would have risen by that point) so just because they issue a court claim doesn't mean they get a ccj against you.

oh, and the money wouldn't go to the government - 40% would go to RLP ( a civil recovery company ) and 60% would go to Boots ( allegedly to cover what it cost them to employ the security guard who chased you and took your details - even though they'd have had the same cost had you never gone to Boots that day )

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Titch44 View Post
      Hello everyone,

Anyway, the ‘Store detective’ then decided to chase me out the building and man handle me, I had 2 bruises on Lyn back from how aggressive he was, he wasn’t very intimidating and used his male presences to attempt roc intimate me. I then called him out on this and he kept threatening me with the police. He tried to make me give him money then for “wasting his time.” I didn’t. Idiot.
      I wonder if Boots know their employee (or contractor's employee) assault their customers and try extortion.
      If money had been paid to him, I wonder where it would have gone.

Just ignore RLP.
      I note you have already read another recent thread here so you know the position

Comment

I’m not sure they’d care that much tbf, it’s such a corrupt company!

I have read that they can turn it into a high court enforcement letter type thing, is that true or?

Comment

Only if they get a judgment against you. And it wouldn't be high court enforcement anyway as it'd most likely be under £600.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Is that likely?

Comment

Nope. If they ( Boots ) issued a claim you could defend it. They haven't issued a claim to our knowledge since 2012.

https://legalbeagles.info/wp-content...edJudgment.pdf

This is a civil recovery case. Retail Loss Protection Ltd (RLP) were claiming, on behalf of an unnamed retailer, against two girls for costs related to dealing with an alleged shoplifting incident.

The case was heard before HHJ Charles Harris QC at Oxford County Court. Judgment was handed down on 9 May 2012.

The retailer’s claim was dismissed in its entirety and permission to appeal was refused.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Hello,

I received my first letter on the 17th of May. It was asking for £150 and I can NOT pay that. I called up and e planned this and the lady on the phone then said it would continue to increase and then eventually I’d be taken to court and have bailiffs at the door etc.

Do I pay the £150 and get it over with or ignore them?

Comment

All the advice has been given in this thread so that's entirely up to you, no one can make that decision for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Titch44 View Post
                    Hello,

I received my first letter on the 17th of May. It was asking for £150 and I can NOT pay that. I called up and e planned this and the lady on the phone then said it would continue to increase and then eventually I’d be taken to court and have bailiffs at the door etc.

Do I pay the £150 and get it over with or ignore them?
                    She lied.
                    The advice always is do not contact these people as they see it as a sign of weakness and ramp up their efforts to remove your money from you.
                    Their sole aim is to pressurise you into paying their demands and by contacting them you have indicated you are worried and so open to even more pressure.
                    Now just ignore them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X