• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

do I have to pay RLP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do I have to pay RLP

I got caught stealing from primary today and it was only £20 worth of things, I know its very stupid and feel ashamed about it and will never do it again. I was stopped at the door and was taken into another room where 3 security guys gave me a paper where I had to write my details down and they checked my driving licence to confirm it. they told me police wouldn't be called and that all that was going to happen was I would be given a fine that would come to my house via a letter from the rlp and I would HAVE to pay it or else they can take me to court. I am 18. I've been reading the threads on here and everyone is saying you should ignore them but what happens if they take me to court and how many letter will I have to ignore? do they just coming or do they eventually stop. thank you for any help
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome

You get the letter
    You're gobsmacked by the amount they want (it is not a fine...it's a demand with veiled threats)
    You ignore that letter (and all subsequent letters)
    You don't pay them
    They eventually realise you won't pay so write one last letter offering you a discount (might even use scary red pen)
    You ignore that
    They stop writing
    No one goes to court
    Scary letters can be previewed here: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...rs-rlp-and-dwf

Comment

Thanks for the reply, on the details I had to give out one of them was the name of my college? does this affect anything? and will it affect my credit rating or anything as such

Comment

NOPE
        If they get in touch with your college they will be in serious breach of data protection laws.
        This will not affect your life at all (except you will probably worry like everyone else!)

Comment

(removed the pics)
          Last edited by raindroppbig; 2nd March 2019, 02:05:AM.

Comment

Can someone explain what this means? Why haven't I gotten anything from RLP? im very confused?

Comment

Can be 6 weeks after the event before RLP decide to send you an invoice. The letter you've been given is just the data notice for the crime reduction partnership ( basically you're on a database shared with the stores in the partnership scheme and if you committed any other offences they could look up the database and they'd see you'd previously 'offended' and potentially decide to inform the police this time. )
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So how long will I be on this database for? And do I still continue to ignore everything RLP sends me?

Comment

Yes you continue to ignore RLP for ever and a day.

The data is available to partnership members for 12 months, and is accessible by the data controller for a further 12 months

Comment

How will they have my picture on the database?

Comment

Did they take a photo of you ? Otherwise, if you were stopped at the door, they might have a still from the security cameras .... or they might just not have a photo of you and be saying that as a standard thing to cover their bums. You could do a GDPR Request to find out but personally I wouldn't bother lest it inspires them to chase you more for payment of any invoice they decide to send.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

This is so embarrassing but i stole a few bottoms from primark today and i walked out of the shop and a man approached me which i saw in the shop aswell he asked about what was in my bag, in which he made me follow him back to the store. he took me to a room which another man appeared and they asked me for ID which i didn’t have so he said he was going

to ring the police however i asked if a pic of my passport was acceptable he said yes. the other guy wanted me to fill out a form with my name address number etc. they had to check my online banking for proof of my address. they then gave me the choice of them ringing the police or paying a fine of the RLP. so i chose the fine cause i didn’t want to see the police so idk if i made the right choice. the man said that a letter will appear 4-6 weeks which will say how much i owe and that if i continue to ignore it the charge will increase but i was going through peoples experience with this situation and they haven’t paid the fine so do you think i should and to ignore the letters. and what do these letters look like so i can get them before my mum or dad sees it.

Comment

The first thing to note is that RLP do not issue fines.
                          Fines are levied by the courts.
                          RLP issue invoices for imagined losses and costs and have no relationship with fines, the police or 5he courts
                          RLP letters may be ignored.

As you haven't mentioned your age, but are still living at home, I assume (incorrectly perhaps) that you are quite young and possibly still at school or college
                          I believe RLP letters arrive in standard DL envelopes (110mm x220mm), with RLP's logo imprinted on front.
                          As they will send a number of their begging letters you may find it less stressful to let your parents know about the incident, rather than trying to conceal it.
                          If your parents have concerns refer them to this thread

Comment

’m 17, if i ignore these letters will anything serious happen

Comment

Originally posted by lame_jewel View Post
                              ’m 17, if i ignore these letters will anything serious happen
                              Nope!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X