• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caught shoplifting in TK Maxx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by des8 View Post
    Look at the situation from TKMax's viewpoint

The goods you attempted to steal were low value (I'm guessing).
    Any successful court action would only be able to recoup their purchase cost and very limited court costs.
    To go to court they would need to employ solicitors whose costs they could never recover.

They want to make a profit, not throw money away on a case they most likely would lose anyway!¬
    That's true - very helpful, thanks

Comment

14AC55FB-C9E8-4B35-9E19-03C79FD57798.jpeg

Comment

Just posted the 3rd letter with some pretty scary threats, shall I continue to ignore? What happens next?

Comment

Yep, just continue to ignore.
          The clue about how threatening this actually is can be seen by reading that last paragraph:"if you don't respond we can tell our client they can take action if they want to"

They could have done that the day after the event!!

It is just one more attempt to scare you into paying them their extortionate demands.
          Ignore

Comment

Ignore what?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you! Any idea what happens now will it just be more threatening letters from the RLP?

Comment

Originally posted by char990 View Post
                Thank you! Any idea what happens now will it just be more threatening letters from the RLP?
                Very likely.

Could come in useful in an emergency.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/33/7f...19bd9b06f6.jpg
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi all, just an update, after receiving a 4th letter with a settlement offer of less than the orignally amount, I continued to ignore and haven't received anything since, it's been a couple of months now so I'm hoping they've given up. Thank you for your advice it has really helped to settle my mind and thought I'd update in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation x

Comment

Yep, they usually give up & go after lower hanging fruit (ie those people who don't realise it is a scam!)
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X