• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Banned from M&S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucy1289 View Post
    ostell Thank you, I just don’t understand how they haven’t got the right address, I gave them my driving licence and they used it to fill out a form with my details, so it just doesn’t make sense. But thanks for the reassurance.
    They have got the right address, they are just not doing anything.

Comment

76 posts and subject still open! also M&S Manager probably made a big mistake no doubt therefore cover up by taking no action??? it has been a long time now, having been in a large department store incl part job security related then nothing left this long is going to happen !

Comment

Sorry I am just being paranoid. Thanks for all your help, once again x

Comment

Hi des8 I am not starting another thread on this topic as I know it's been discussed in a lot of detail already and I appreciate the support and help I was given, but I was just reading one of your posts from 2015: The below was your response to another case of shoplifting where a student was worried that she was going to move out of her flat and she did not know whether she had to inform RLP of her change of address. You advised her to have her mail forwarded to the new address.

Re: RLP civil recovery. Caught shoplifting. Help please

This is a standard letter from RLP, which can safely be ignored.
          The letters (including possibly some from other debt collectors) have been known to continue for up to 8 months.
          If you enter into a dialogue with them, they see it as a sign of weakness and increase the pressure.
          As you are moving soon I would suggest you arrange for your mail to be forwarded to your new address.
          If you don't, and the post is returned to RLP, they could well obtain a CCJ against you without you knowing anything about it, or being able to contest any court proceedings.

In this post you are suggesting that if the letter from RLP goes to the wrong people and as a result is returned to RLP then they can obtain a CCJ against you without you knwowng anything about it ... that's exactly what I was worried about. I thought that nothing legal can happen now and RLP are to be ignored 100%? Even if they are ignored or replied to, did not think they could obtain a CCJ /court proceedings?

As I have not received a letter yet, it may well be that the address was typed in incorrectly, and if it goes to the wrong address, and people at that address return it back to RLP then I am in trouble, is that correct?

Comment

I've looked up the term CCJ and this came up:

"A County Court Judgment (CCJ) is an order from the County Court instructing you to repay a debt. A lender can apply to the County Court if you don't repay a debt."

I don't understand how RLP could raise a CCJ though as it's been mentioned a few times on here that what they ask from people isn't a fine, we don't owe them anything etc so I am so confused by this right now. As you can judge by the time I am posting this, I've been up all evening researching on this topic ... thanks x

Comment

Do as everybody has advised: Just ignore them. Even if it's going to the wrong address then how can it affect you if you are not at that address?

Comment

ostell Yeah exactly, I just did not understand the comment about the CCJ.

Comment

RLP cannot initiate a claim against you.
                  RLP can only advise their client, M&S, to take action.
                  M&S won't as the costs to them are disproportionate i.e. it costs more than they can recover.

Why on earth do you think they cannot type your address correctly?
                  3 years ago the advice was to someone in a very different situation.
                  It's purpose was to give a worried person a way of allaying their fears of a remote event happening.
                  You are not in that position.

Stop reading & worrying and get on with life

Comment

RPA consulting services to optimize and transform human activities. The essence of the technology, the basic prerequisites for its use and distribution are considered. The article also briefly reviewed and compared the current state of the robotization of processes in Russia and abroad. Based on the analysis, the author also formulates the potential and further steps of technology development. The technology of robotic automation of processes is defined as developing, but at the same time its importance will soon be key.
                    Providing RPA consulting & development services to organizations looking for process automation to improve customer experience.

Comment

Hi Lucy,
                      hope all is well. I know it’s been over a year now, but just out of interest did anyone ever get in touch with you? Also have you been back into M&S since with any issues?

the only reason I ask is, as I had a similar situation nearly a couple of weeks ago. They have an incorrect address for me as I panicked and therefore gave them as wrong address. I’m hoping that if I go back into a different M&S and pay for my items and no issues, no one would identify me through facial recognition or any other means.

any info would be greatly appreciated,
                      A

Comment

Hi
                        im writing on my friend behalf . She is a nurse and mistakenly she didn’t scan an item while scanning for her other items and caught by m&s which is inside her hospital where she works and WHSmith and they said to her they will complaint to trust ... she apologised and said after night shift she was massively tired and hence not scanned few items . Now she is worried the trust will email her supervisor and will be out of hospital soon or to police . I need your help to calm her

Comment

Most unlikely the police will be involved.
                          However If they are and wish to interviews her, she should be accompanied by a solicitor.
                          If she does not have her own, she should ask for the duty solicitor. This is her right and free.

If the trust are involved I would hope they see this as a mistake.
                          The trust must realise the strain that all their frontline workers are under.
                          It's not surprising that nurses might make silly errors, even people without their stress do similar things.. it's human nature to be distracted and act out of character especially when overtired and suffering stress and probably anxiety

Best wishes to your friend

Comment

Thank you so much . She is not relaxed . They were telling her they will show footages to trust .

Comment

If M&S try to show footage to the trust they may be in deep doo dah with GDPR

Comment

What is doo dah with GDPR?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X