• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Who are Smart Credit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are Smart Credit?

I found a search on my credit report by a company called Smart Credit. I have no idea who they are and what they were doing putting a search on my credit file. I have emailed them about three times but they have failed to respond. The first one was for the 12th June that was the time my debit card was used fraudulently i don't feel very comfortable with this. It has been updated to the 22nd June I have asked them to explain what is going on but no reply. Can you enlighten me on this please.
    Tags: None

Re: Who are Smart Credit?

Originally posted by Rosie500 View Post
    I found a search on my credit report by a company called Smart Credit. I have no idea who they are and what they were doing putting a search on my credit file. I have emailed them about three times but they have failed to respond. The first one was for the 12th June that was the time my debit card was used fraudulently i don't feel very comfortable with this. It has been updated to the 22nd June I have asked them to explain what is going on but no reply. Can you enlighten me on this please.
    There have been a few companies using this name one comes to mind in Moldova!

nem
    If there has been a search your report provider usually list all the companies and contact details.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      There have been a few companies using this name one comes to mind in Moldova!

nem
      If there has been a search your report provider usually list all the companies and contact details.
      Hi Nem I will ask Experian if they have any contact details for these people. I want to find out what they were doing entering a search on my credit report. I will let you know my findings. Rosie

Comment

Hi Nem I will ask Experian if they have any contact details for these people. I want to find out what they were doing entering a search on my credit report. I will let you know my findings. Rosie
        Hi Rosie I'll see if I can find more as well.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          Hi Rosie I'll see if I can find more as well.

nem
          Hi Nem thanks for that it will be a great help if you can find anything out. Rosie

Comment

Hi Nem thanks for that it will be a great help if you can find anything out. Rosie
            Hi Nem I have just spoke to Experian my query has been passed to the appropriate team who are going to look into this for me. Will keep you posted.

Rosie

Comment

Hi Nem I have just spoke to Experian my query has been passed to the appropriate team who are going to look into this for me. Will keep you posted.

Rosie
              Can't tie anything down myself either.
              nem

Comment

• SMARTCREDIT LIMITED

05534508 - Incorporated on 11 August 2005

Mayfield House, Lower Railway Road, Ilkley, West Yorkshire, England, LS29 8FL
                • SMARTCREDITUK LIMITED

08284854 - Dissolved on 25 June 2013

1b Station Court, Station Road, Guiseley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, LS20 8EY
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Can't see FCA authoirsation - on the postcode or searching SmartCredit https://register.fca.org.uk/shpo_nos...earch=LS29+8FL

They do appear to be trading as SmartSearch - anti money laundering and credit searches for various lenders. If you look at loan / card offers, or compare insurance quotes any time then you may find a plethora of soft searches appearing on your credit file. Only you can see these and they should not affect your credit rating.

Originally posted by their website
                  We are SmartCredit Ltd T/A SmartSearch

You can contact us about issues relating to personal data, including the contents of this notice, by any of the following methods:
                  • Post: Data Protection Officer, SmartCredit Ltd, Mayfield House, Lower Railway Road, Ilkley, LS29 8FL
                  • Email: info@smartsearchuk.com
                  • Telephone: 0113 238 7660
                  SmartSearch is a trading brand of
                  SmartCredit Limited
                  , a unique business focusing on the provision of Anti Money Laundering Verification and Fraud Prevention
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X