• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Failure to rectify defective product-Anglian Home Improvements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to rectify defective product-Anglian Home Improvements

I would like to know how to bring an action for specific performance to compel repairs in a reasonable time and compensation for inconvenience and mental distress against Anglian Home Improvements. My late father had 2 conservatories installed by Anglian. Both are so defective they must be rebuilt from the brickwork up.
    After 4 years and 6 months of trying to get repairs Anglian have driven me to despair.
    Anglian finally agreed after at least 5 visits to replace the structures, booked a 2 week period for the work, then failed to fulfil the agreement. I arranged 2 weeks off work, clearing my diary and moving a home office into the house causing chaos. This means I cannot have people to stay over Christmas and New Year ruining my holidays.
    Anglian did not tell me in advance they would cancel.
    There is still furniture which needs to be put into storage. Anglian will not agree to pay for this as I asked in recompense for the inconvenience.
    The repair works need to be concluded before probate. I notified Anglian of the urgency of the works.
    it is a clear breach under the act rather than under the Anglian Guarantee.
    The products were not fit for purpose due to defective paint and defective fitting. They cost over £40,000.
    When the work is done Anglian will only offer the Guarantee to continue to the end of the original 10 years rather than a new Guarantee.
    Anglian have missed appointments, lost paperwork, moved managers elsewhere resulting in new investigations, failed to return calls, failed to keep me updated, and behaved in a thoroughly despicable way. One service engineer even tried claiming that the fault was mine as I hadn't properly maintained the structures! Weasels.
    i am sure that my father, being old, was sweetalked into having more products, as he used Anglian two more times after having problems with an Anglian window which resulted in one of his employees telling Anglian they were incompetent.
    If I don't sue soon I may run out of time in which to bring a legal action.
    Any ideas about how to proceed?
    is there a law firm experienced in suing Anglian?

Re: Failure to rectify defective product-Anglian Home Improvements

Just by way of being prepared have a read through this thread - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...nglian-Windows - unfortunately it doesn't see it through to a conclusion.

Also a bit of a bump for others to read your post as it's not really my area.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Failure to rectify defective product-Anglian Home Improvements

It is very rare for a court to order specific performance other than in circumstances where the subject of the dispute is "unique", for example sale of property.

The far more common remedy is damages for breach of contract. In these circumstances, you would obtain quotes from other builders for putting the structure right and then seek that cost from Anglian.

Specific performance is an equitable remedy, meaning it is always at the discretion of the court, whereas damages for breach of contract is a "right".

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X