• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

county court claim and amendment of claim advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: county court claim and amendment of claim advice

late payment became live on 8th aug 2013

Comment

This is the spreadsheet for working out statutory interest (the 8%) http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ffice-versions

Change the date at the top to the date you entered the claim, then put the 50.80 on the date it became overdue, and the 25.00 late payment fee on the same date and it works it out for you. will only be a few pence different to what I worked out. If you get stuck I'll try do it later when am on proper computer.

But yes make the amendments and submit one copy to the court and one to the claimant with the headers and statement of truth signed as per the draft. Put a cover note referencing the order from the court, and make sure its the right court and claim number etc. No need to use a form, just print on a sheet of A4

You could also give the court a call about the original miscalculation , I don't think you will get a refund on the court fee if its now in a different band, but it is worth an ask.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

http://www.servimg.com/view/18819246/13
        this any good ??

Comment

Was this any good ??

Comment

Can't see the image muzz, can you copy paste it pls xx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

1: The Claimant runs a courier service and advertises his business through the online website ‘Shiply’
              2: On 24/07/2013 @10:32 the Defendant, Mr Appleby , engaged our services to transport an outboard engine from an Ebay seller in Durham to the Defendant at his address, Stated above.
              3: The price agreed for the service was £50.80
              3: The agreement, under our standard terms and conditions, was that Mr Appleby would pay cash upon delivery for the service provided.
              4: On 01/08/2013 as agreed, we collected and delivered the item to Mr Appleby.
              5: Mr Appleby was unable to pay Cash upon Delivery and following a conversation with Mr Appleby he agreed to make the payment by direct Bank Transfer instead.
              6: Despite numerous reminders, no payment has
              been recieved
              7: Therefore the Claimant claims
              Original cost of Delivery £50.80
              Admin charge for late payment £25.00 ( as detailed in our terms and conditions)
              Two Recorded letters sent £1.72 + £1.70 = £3.42
              8: The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act at the rate of 8% per year from 01/08/2013 to 09/06/2014 being £10.00 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.02 per day.

Comment

Yep. Just add the header and footer bits and I think you are good to go with that.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X