• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tesco clubcard vouchers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco clubcard vouchers

Hi all, I wonder if someone in the know can help me please?
    We have been saving the Tesco Clubcard vouchers for a few years, as we all, as a family want to go to Florida. Each year, any unused vouchers have been carried over but this stopped some time ago, as we were told that we did not have to keep ringing up to have them rolled over, as Tesco would do it automatically. Well to cut a very long story short, we should have over £890.00 worth to "double up" for our family holiday BUT Tesco are saying that all the vouchers (which we still have in our possession) have in fact been used, how can this be? we still have them, when they are used, they are taken off you!! As we receive new vouchers, we go to our local store to check that they are ok, but each time, they say they are not valid! I have even taken a photo of their screen & explained that we had received them that morning. The local store staff are disgusted and at a loss as to what we can do about it. We have written to the head office etc etc who say they cannot help as they have been used and are now at a loss as to who to contact or what to do now, we are all gutted. Can anyone please help us?
    Tags: None

Re: Tesco clubcard vouchers

Are Tesco's saying how the vouchers have been used ?

Do you have online access to your clubcard account - you should be able to check your vouchers there http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/unspent-vouchers/

I have a list like this showing on my clubcard account

This table shows a breakdown of all your used vouchers.
    November 2013 £3.50 20/11/13 MANSFIELD EXTRA _
    November 2013 £5.00 20/11/13 MANSFIELD EXTRA _
    May 2013 £1.50 20/11/13 MANSFIELD EXTRA _
    February 2013 £3.00 20/11/13 MANSFIELD EXTRA _
    November 2012 £3.50 02/01/13 MANSFIELD EXTRA _
    August 2012 £4.50 07/08/12 CLUBCARD BOOST _
    May 2012 £3.00 07/08/12 CLUBCARD BOOST _
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It's quite a widespread issue. To be fair to Tesco *spits* they usually replace them once they've investigated allegations of fraudulent use.

M1

Comment

Clubcard vouchers are only valid for 2 years you say you have been collecting for several years?

Comment

I stopped trusting Tesco when they sold off Westminster's cemeteries for 1/- each. :grin:

Comment

To be fair, it's unlikely to be fraud on the part of the company, although it might be that their system is rubbish and they are keen to hide the fact. Staff fraud is more likely, probably somewhere in the processing department.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley View Post
              We have written to the head office etc etc who say they cannot help as they have been used ...
              As Amethyst suggests, first check your account record.

Write again, pointing out that as fraud may be involved - and they seem strangely less than keen to investigate - you will have no option other than to go public.

As this appears to be a widespread problem, BBC Watchdog might be a good start.

Comment

http://www.theguardian.com/money/201...tolen-vouchers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...r-the-web.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-online.html

Google stolen clubcard vouchers if you want many many more stories about it.

m1

Comment

Thank you for your reply`s :-)...Yes they are valid for 2 years, which is why we have always rang them to have them re-issued, so that we can save them for the holiday & yes we have online access to the vouchers, but the ones that we have in our possession do not show up on the site, which makes me think something is a miss somewhere? They have said they have looked into it and they have been spent, which we know is untrue, as we have only used 30 of them 3 years ago to go to Blackpool. We have always wanted to save them for our holiday, which Tesco know

Comment

I have now emailed them and sent all the links to Tesco complaints I can find on the net lol, told them this will not go away, nor will I give up! So lets see what happens. Thank you all for your help, fingers crossed, eh :-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X