• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VistaPrint Scam ( VPrewards and Clubprem )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VistaPrint Scam ( VPrewards and Clubprem )

My mums been caught by this on going vistaprint scam. So am working on a letter to get her her money back.

she has placed a number of one off transaction orders with VistaPrint, for business cards, flyers and the like and each time has paid for the purchases by Mastercard.

The last order was made and fulfilled in May 2007, and paid for on order on their site.

Then from 13th June to 17th December two companies - VPRewards and ClubPrem have been helping themselves to £9.95 each (total £19.90) per month.

She has contacted mastercard and they are 'sending her forms', she also contacted VistaPrint who have said, true to form it appears, that they would only refund her 3 months worth of these transactions, an offer which she has turned down.

They are saying she has joined these rewards schemes by completing an online questionnaire - which she has not done - they of course can provide no proof of this.

Total they have taken is £179.10 from her account, plus of course interest she has been charged on her credit card card account on those amounts.

So Initial letter asking for refund required.

I have had a scout about the net and its quite shocking if you type in vistaprint to google, you get years worth of complaints and claims against these companies for fraudulently taking money.

Goodness knows how they have gotten away with it for so long.

Couple of links if you're interested and for my ref.

The UK Mobile Report: VistaPrint scam
    Sheffield Forum - Vista print problems
    URGENT ADVICE PLEASE..is this illegal.... - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums
    Rip-off Report: Vista Print & Vertrue unauthorized charges by unknown "affiliates" to credit cards while ordering products on vistaprint.com Omaha Nebraska
    Consumer Deals UK News Update: Vprewards.com on your credit card?
    Snap and ShametheGeneva.com
    http://www.scamclub.com/reports_back...ards-1231.html
    VPRewards VpRewards.com - AboutUs Wiki Page

(and on and on and on.....)

Will post letter up, and keep thread updated with progress, and how mastercard are dealing with it.

so basically DON'T USE VISTAPRINT.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: VistaPrint Scam ( VPrewards and Clubprem )

hi, yes i got done by them too, just today i found £9.95 debit from my account from "clubprem.com" - after googling it, found out it was a scam initiated by vistaprint. i'm first going to cancel my bank card, but i did get a phone number (0845 672 2002) and they say they will refund me & it will take 7-10 days (this remains to be seen). i told them i am reporting them for fraud to my bank. they were unconcerned, but odd how quickly they agreed to refund me (of course i'm not holding my breath for the refund, but i will pursue it through my bank if necessary, as will i report it to them). i also emailed vista print and said i was reporting them for fraud. i do not recall signing up to anything, if i did it must have been very carefully hidden as i did not give clubprem my bank details nor have i ever seen their website before. i beleive somehow vista print gave them my bank details. this si the first (& i hope last!) time anything like this has happened to me, but it's scary just how easy it seems to have been for them!

Comment

I must have been lucky, i have bought loads of business cards, calanders, even xmas cards from vista print in the past and not been caught out with anything, i have actuall found them to be extremely fast and efficient.

Very dodgy though if this is what they are capable off

Comment

I noticed a couple of these on my cc statments, then realised that they had taken about 3 or 4 months worth of £9.95

Emailed them and told them that these were unauthorised payments and that I had not joined there scheme and that I wanted all my money back. Got it all back and an apology without any trouble

Comment

They were quite happy to offer 3 months of payments back. As they had been taking money for over 6 months this was refused.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by stevokenevo View Post
            I must have been lucky, i have bought loads of business cards, calanders, even xmas cards from vista print in the past and not been caught out with anything, i have actuall found them to be extremely fast and efficient.

Very dodgy though if this is what they are capable off
            Same with me Steve, ive had no probs with them

Comment

What about reporting them to trading standards. This is obviously a scam and this matter should be reported.

Dsxx

Comment

Glad I saw this--was referred to Vistaprint only yesterday to try their free introductory offers.

Comment

Turbs dont be too alarmed, ive used them with no problems as yet
                  I however used a debit card rather than credit card, not sue if that makes any difference?

Comment

Thanks Deemac

Methinks I know you in another life??

Turbo

Comment

Do a google on VistaPrint Turbo and be very careful with the ordering if you use them.

Me thinks everyone knows Deemac in another life
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes Turbs you do honey

I left here once before because of childish pettiness and will leave again

Byeeeee xx

Comment

Originally posted by carroy View Post
                          hi, yes i got done by them too, just today i found £9.95 debit from my account from "clubprem.com" - after googling it, found out it was a scam initiated by vistaprint. i'm first going to cancel my bank card ...
                          There is NO point cancelling credit or debit cards following supposed fraudulent transactions.

Your bank will keep processing transactions which you have authorised on a continuous payment authority, irrespective of whether the account is notionally closed.

You need to make the merchant stop charging your card (and refund any past transactions), not cancel your card.

Comment

Is that right ? ooooooooo I didn't realise that either. I thought the continuous authority was on the specific card used as opposed to the account it related to.

Thanks Arge.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

It isn't.

If you have authorised a continuous authority, then the bank is quite within its rights to keep processing transactions against your account.

If you have continuous authorities set up on a credit card account, and close it (but fail to cancel the authorities) then they will simply re-open the account and bill you anyway.

The banks' attitude is that, if you have granted a continuous authority, it's your responsibility to meet the payments you've agreed to.

I can understand the point.

But if people are being debited by dubious merchants, I can also see why they imagine that cancelling their card will stop the transactions. It would help if banks pointed out to customers that this is a waste of time, rather than re-issuing the cards with new numbers and then surprising the customer by continuing to reflect the continuous authority transactions against the new card number.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X