• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Playstation Network Fraud?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playstation Network Fraud?

Hi,
    I bought a Playstation 3 game from the Playstation Network store called TNT Racers for £3.19. It turned out that the game was for a PSP machine and was unplayable on my PS3. I thought this was odd and so checked the description and nowhere did it say it was for a PSP only. All the other games clearly stated PSP ONLY in there titles.

I took some photographs of the description as proof and then rang Playstation UK and explained the situation. The Playstation agent said he would pass this on to Head Office to investigate. He explained that it was policy not to offer refunds unless the description was inaccurate. I didn't tell him that I had picture evidence.

Three weeks later I got a phone call to say that unfortunately my claim had been declined as after investigation it clearly showed that the game was PSP only. I told him that this was not the case and that I had evidence to prove this. The agent suggested that I email the pictures to Playstation Support.

I immediately went down to check the description on The Playstation Network and it had been changed to clearly state PSP ONLY!!!!!!!!!!

I was livid. They had changed the description to what it should have been and then rang me and lied, refusing me a refund.

I took some more pictures of the amended description of the game to show the differences between when I complained and then. I emailed Playstation with the photo attachments and explained what had happened and how disgusted I was at how I had been treated. I asked for a full refund and compensation.

I have just received this reply:

"Thanks for your recent contact with PlayStation Support.

I'm happy to advise that we've processed the refund that you requested. The amount will now be available within your PlayStation Network wallet for you to use on future purchases.

If you have any further queries, please call PlayStation Support on 0844 736 0595, quoting reference, where one of our team will be happy to help you."

No apology? No mention of blame? No mention of compensation?

To me this seems a very serious breach of ethics.
    Am I over reacting?

The first Image is before, when I originally purchased the game and the second image is after they changed it and declined my refund. I have more photos showing the whole of the descriptions also.

Tags: None

Re: Playstation Network Fraud?

I would write and tell them you are not accepting their offer and off you go to Trading Standards, letting them know you are going of course .
    Enaid x

Comment

This reminds me of a Judge Judy episode I watched just this week.

A seller on ebay advertised for two phones with full description and including the weight. The buyer a lady and her daughter bought both phones but what they actually got in the post was 2 photographs as somewhere in the small print they were only buying the photos but were paying the cost of the phone.

This company need looking into and as Enaid said a complaint to Trading Standards and definately tell them where you are going.

Comment

Yes I will definately get in touch with Trading Standards. I don't think a refund of £3.19 is enough. A large company like Sony shouldn't be treating their customers like that.
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        My last email said that I was no longer going to use the Playstaion Network and am even considering selling my Playstation. The trouble is that I am going to waste hundreds of pounds on games that only I can play because I paid for and downloaded these games off the Playstation Store. They cannot be sold with the PS3.
        I am so angry that I want to sell my PS3 but I will be hugely out of pocket.
        What are the chances of Sony Playstation refunding me the total of all games I have bought from the Playstation store?
        Last edited by janner66; 24th September 2011, 20:06:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

After many emails and a catalogue of customer service blunders, Playstation management have informed me that the refund was a goodwill gesture. I argued that under The Sale Of Goods Act 1979 if a product is not as described then by law I am entitled to a refund. The manager said this was not the case as I had agreed to the Playstation Network terms and conditions which state that no refunds will be issued. I argued that this had nothing to do with anything as the law is clearly defined. The manager disagreed. I have now sent a recorded delivery letter to their Head Office asking for compensation.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
            This reminds me of a Judge Judy episode I watched just this week.

A seller on ebay advertised for two phones with full description and including the weight. The buyer a lady and her daughter bought both phones but what they actually got in the post was 2 photographs as somewhere in the small print they were only buying the photos but were paying the cost of the phone.
            What was her verdict?

This company need looking into and as Enaid said a complaint to Trading Standards and definately tell them where you are going.
            One could also mention that their stated "we do not give refunds" policy could be a criminal offence, contrary to the Consumer Transactions (Restriction on Statements) Order 1976.

Comment

Judge Judy's verdict was that it was fraud and that she awarded the plaintiffs back there money and compensation.

I just love watching Judge Judy.

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              What was her verdict?

One could also mention that their stated "we do not give refunds" policy could be a criminal offence, contrary to the Consumer Transactions (Restriction on Statements) Order 1976.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X