• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Street Level Crime Maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Street Level Crime Maps

Just launched at midnight is the new street level crime maps.

Police.uk - Local crime and policing information for England and Wales

P.S was not sure where to post this one so if siteteam feel it is in the wrong place or know of a better thread for it please be my guest and move it thanks
    Last edited by Amethyst; 1st February 2011, 10:57:AM. Reason: fixed links
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Tags: None

Re: New Street Level Crime Maps

I'd wait a few days before trying it out as they have really burgered up with their server.

The ICO are backing it.http://www.ico.gov.uk/~/media/docume..._20110201.ashx
    Last edited by Amethyst; 1st February 2011, 10:54:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Worked for me last night at 00:35 maybe too many people now using it and hence clogging up the server.

Thanks for fixing links amethyst.

sigpic

Comment

A two sided coin? or a many sided coin?

If you are a seller of property this could work against you bigtime, if you are the purchaser of a property this could be a godsend!!

I at present am a seller, fortunately we are in the 'country' extremely low crime rate, trail bikes being the biggest problem on a Sunday. No other crime in 34 years.... good point to advertise when selling, if in City centres or suburbs could be a major problem with 'Jo public' having access to this amount of data.

Comment

BBC News - Millions jam street-level crime map website
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Nattie,

Just as I thought.

sigpic

Comment

Street crime website

A street in Preston has been branded the most crime-ridden in England and Wales by a government website.
              Glovers Court - a quiet street in Preston city centre - has been the location for 150 offences in December, according to the online map.
              The figures are part of a new online crime map, set up by the Home Office, which cost £300,000 to develop.
              Visitors to the website are able to find out which crimes have taken place on or near their street within the past month and which officers are responsible for their area.
              The street with the most recorded crimes is Glovers Court - but Ch Supt Lee said: "The figures don't do it justice; it is actually a safe place to be.
              "I don't accept these figures. The postcode relates to the whole of the city centre."

Glad I am NOT selling a house on that street!!!!!

£300,000 for duff figures another think tank idea hits the dirt

Comment

Same as Surrey Street in Portsmouth which is mainly an access Rd for the post office and debenhams retail lol there is one block of flats and a pub that's all

Certainly not a road that would attracted crime but has accordingly had 137 crime hits in December.

My road is down as having none, but I know for a fact there have been two incidents that I know off.

sigpic

Comment

That Surrey Street one is just behind a shopping centre and a load of nightclubs. Anyone can pick up some odditys on that site, like they did on google street view, google earth and so on. And really if you live in a ''safe street'' surrounded by high crime levels, is it really as safe as they make out ? or do they live in a cocoon and never venture out.

Personally I havent got it to work yet.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

The nightclubs are on Guildhall Walk the otherside of Portsmouth and Southsea Station very view clubbers would venture to Surrey Street

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...04823&t=h&z=18

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...12,281.99,,0,5

Unless they were catching the bus at 2am lol

Last edited by pompeyfaith; 1st February 2011, 20:51:PM.

sigpic

Comment

We all know pip pointing a place on google maps is not easy The error made I believe is that they meant guildhall walk.

As that is rowdy to say the least and no one is going to be buying there as it is just clubs and portsmouth university

sigpic

Comment

The points are quite vague and not by specific street....just looked at my area and theres a dot with 26, a dot with 17, and a few 6,1,9 etc. None particularly near me and the 1's are on'nearby streets to protect privacy'.....I think its just a general guide to relative locations of crime rather than 15 burglarys on one specific street. The numbers on the list breakdown are for the blue radius, not a specific street anyway.

Nice to know the crackdown on antisocial behaviours working (or not) round here though, 60 ASBOs last month in my village lol, but only 3 Burglarys, happy with that in a month cause I thought it would be worse.

Just nosed at my home village, and theres only 6 crimes overall. Ahhh was nice living there...and good news for my house that's currently up for sale £££££ lol.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Seems not many posters like it here:

http://www.walletpop.co.uk/2011/02/0...new-crime-map/

sigpic

Comment

Some statistics on their crime map are not necessarily in the right order

Cambridge News | Latest News From In & Around Cambridge City | Latest Sports, Jobs & Business News in Cambridge Newspaper | Anger as website brands city street as crime hotspot
                            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X