• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tarmac damaged - who is responsible for damage and poor repair?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarmac damaged - who is responsible for damage and poor repair?

Hi all.
    I will try to summarise -

My vehicle suffered a hit and run. Car Insurance arranged for vehicle to be picked up and transported for assessment. Vehicle was then transported back but during offloading, tarmac was damaged on our road.
    Car Insurance have yet to comment, When I contacted the assessment garage, they stated that they sub-contracted the pick up and delivery of vehicle to a third party and the third party would take care of it. I arrived home yesterday to see that someone, presumably the third party garage, had filled in the damage but it looks awful and was completed in the rain which, according to my research, is a no-no.

I think that the car insurance are ultimately responsible for this, please can I ask two questions:
    1. Is it the insurance who are ultimately responsible?
    2. Am I being unreasonable for wanting the tarmac to be 'as it was before the issue', ie - not some poor effort of a repair?

Photos of damage and repair attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (1).jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	1686815Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-08-15 at 22.35.58_b176bb6b.jpg
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	1686816Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-08-15 at 22.36.25_0324f10e.jpg
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	1686817 ​​​​​​​
    Tags: None

Bumping this?

Comment

I might be completely off base with this, but how did you pay for the car insurance and when?

Comment

My advice is to obtain a quote from a landscape contractor that undertakes tarmac paving repairs. Ask them to state in their quote their opinion of the existing standard of repair and what the previous repairer did wrong
        Then go back to the insurance company with the quote and send them a copy if they ask for it

Comment

Update:
          The car insurance have stated that because it is an unadopted road and they deem the repair to be sufficient, they are not going to do anything more.
          I have had a person from Tarmac look at the photos and she stated that the repair is not sufficient and she explained why.

I have now shared this information and photos with the car insurance and they have left a voice message saying that there is nothing more that they can do.

Ultimately, is there an ombudsman for issues like this or is it the financial ombudsman?

Comment

Complain to the Financial Ombudsman. He deals with insurance complaints.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X