• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Consequential Loss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consequential Loss

Hi. I recently purchased a light from an online retailer. It appears to have a fault. Though for the purpose of my question, the fault type isn’t the issue. I paid for the light to be installed by an electrician and he will charge me to take it back down. The retailer have stated that they are happy to have the item returned to them and they will replace it. Am I within my rights, if the item is proven to be faulty, by the retailer, to ask them to reimburse me for the cost of the electrician not only to take the faulty one back down, but to have the replacement, light, when received, installed?

if so, under what legislation is my request reasonable?

Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

I think that te retailer has offered all that he need to recompense you. It is not his fault that you pay a third party to install a light.

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
      I think that te retailer has offered all that he need to recompense you. It is not his fault that you pay a third party to install a light.
      I'm not saying it's the retailers fault that I have paid a 3rd party to install a light. But why should I be out of pocket for a faulty item? Let me ask you another question then, should I have to pay for the postage costs to send it back?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X