• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bought some Nik trainers in the USA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought some Nik trainers in the USA

Hi LB!
    I bought some trainers there in May when on holiday. Wore them a handful of times and a hole appeared in the sole of one shoe. A big hole.
    The shop in the USA refuses to take any product back because they have a 30 day policy.
    I have therefore sent the trainers back to Nik in the UK, pinpointing an obvious design defect/shoddy workmanship, and sent proof of monies paid, and asked them to refund or send a voucher so I can go on their online store and get replacements.
    They are refusing, telling me to return them to the USA, even though I told them this won't work.
    I now want to hold them responsible in the UK via their UK address.
    They told me I cannot hold them responsible, only the specific store in the USA.
    Is this right?
    It does not sound right. Surely I can hold Nik responsible for a pair of shoes they made which are clearly not fit for purpose?
    Tags: None

your problem with the Nik trainers will come under the consumer law of the state in which you bought them UK law will not apply.

Have you contacted Nik customer service, rather than just a store in the, UK? Maybe you need to take this to a high enough level.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

As a UK citizen though, surely I have the right to hold the company to court in my home country?

Comment

Laws to achieve this did apply within the EU, but as between the UK and US, no.

Comment

Can I post Nik

So are brand names not permitted?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X