• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small claims European Union cross border claims - in what language?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small claims European Union cross border claims - in what language?

I know - these are no longer happening, since we left the EU.

However, the law takes a long time...and one I put in with my local Court, before Brexit, has finally been dealt with.

Well, it was dealt with two years ago, but it has taken a ridiculous amount of time to get a response from the Defendant, which is a German airline, and the Foreign Process section of the Queens Bench, who were responsible for seeing that the initial claim form and exhibits were passed to the competent and responsible German postal/government agency to serve the Defendant.

The Defendant accepted the claim, then returned it via their agency in Germany to us, stating that it was not in German and they could turn it down on this basis.

The thing is, the claim form was in German, as I had it translated, and the exhibits are not meant to be translated because, they are exhibits. Translating them would lead to all sorts of issues.

I also had my Witness Statement translated to German - in any case.

So I am hoping for help finding out the specific rules fro all this - what needs to be translated, and on what grounds the Defendant can return my claim, etc. As it looks like they've tried to pull a fast one.

Anyone know? I'm having a hard time finding it myself.
    Tags: None

Been looking all morning, still cannot find anything definitive...help!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X