• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Audi A4 used car dealership.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you say it went in on 12/08 & 7/10
    dealer states: 1/10 & 7/10

presumably you contacted the dealer prior to taking vehicle in for repair.
    The waiting time starts when you first informed dealer of problems
    So when did you inform the dealer?

Comment

I first informed them on the 8th August 2019. *It then went in on the 12th August 2019. *I contacted them on the 1st October 2019 and it went in on the 7th October 2019.

Comment

It has been in twice for repairs.

Comment

So the waiting times total at least 10 days. This is the time during which the clock stops ticking.
          you purchased on 19th July* and it was delivered on 25th July.
          6 months plus 10 days from 25 July takes you to 4th February
          You went back to the dealer on 2nd & 3rd Feb requesting they replace/repair and they refused
          You then* gave them notice that you would initiate court proceedings if they did not respond
          Do so.
          You are just within the six month time limit to reject and obtain a refund even if you can't reject under the short term right.

Comment

Okay thank you. *They wont reply to any of my emails so it looks like I am going to have to go ahead and proceed with court proceedings. *I am unsure how to do this. I have looked online and it is asking for evidence etc do I have to upload all that and will they see it?*

Comment

Not sure what site you have looked at online, but you won't file your evidence until someway through the process, and certainly not at the beginning.

At the start you include in the claim form a section "particulars of claim" in which you state your case, this is not the evidence.

Look at this site*https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ine-user-guide*and then we can help you through the process

Comment

des8*im at the particulars of claim page and its asking me if i want to claim interest? where it says amount claimed do I put everything including engineers report fee etc? The engineer also told me to make a claim for every day I haven't had a vehicle

Comment

des8*This is my*Particulars of Claim, please could you have a look at the same for me.

1. At the material time the Defendant was
                  ***********Automobiles Ltd Trading as ****************
                  2. On the 19.07.2019 the Claimant purchased
                  an Audi A4 from the Defendant for
                  the sum of £4,300.00.
                  3. The defendant was in breach of contract as
                  the goods were not fit for purpose, not of
                  satisfctory quality, and were not durable as
                  per the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
                  4. The defendant has ignored the notices of
                  rejection and repair.
                  Accordingly the claimant claims
                  (a)the sum of £4,300.00
                  (b) additional costs of £982.00
                  (c)court costs
                  (d) Interest pursuant to section 69 County
                  Courts Act at such rate and for such periods

Comment

1. At the material time the Defendant was
                    **********Automobiles Ltd Trading as ****************
                    2. On the 19.07.2019 the Claimant purchased
                    an Audi A4 Registration no. xx yy abc from the Defendant for
                    the sum of £4,300.00.
                    3. The defendant was in breach of contract as
                    the goods were not fit for purpose, not of
                    satisfactory quality, and were not durable contrary to*the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
                    4. The defendant has ignored the notices of
                    rejection and requests for repair.
                    Accordingly the claimant claims
                    (a)the sum of £4,300.00
                    (b) additional costs of £982.00
                    (c)court costs
                    (d) Interest pursuant to section 69 County
                    Courts Act at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

Suggestions in red.. note the brackets round a,b,c & d won't be accepted.. use full stops instead

Comment

des8* thank you will submit it today.

Comment

des8 it has been 15 days since I submitted the Claim Form. Do I need to do anything

Comment

If there has been no movement then you might want want to claim judgement.* Give it 19 days from date of issue

Comment

des8 thank you. Does the 19 days include weekends?

Comment

If all is going well 19 days from date of issue or next working day if the 19th day is a non working day.
                              Date of issue could be up to 2 days after filing claim.
                              However in current climate things might be taking longer so check the issue date by logging into your MCOL account and accessing the ‘Claim Overview’.

Comment

The 19th day will be next Wednesday. I cannot see anything about a claim overview. All it states is the photograph I showed you. Date of issue was the 3rd April 2020.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X