• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warranty replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty replacement

Hi all i bought a new camper van 8 months later when still under warranty the roof buckled this has been repaired at the factory in Germany but has buckled again I have been told that it cannot be repaired and I only have two options return the van for a partial refund or pay 5k towards a replacement van where do I stand
    Tags: None

Where did you buy the van?

Comment

Uk dealership

Comment

Ok, so you can reject the vehicle and receive a refund.
        The dealership can make a deduction for usage. They usually try for something around 45p per mile, but you should be able to negotiate it down to between 10p and 15p per mile.

You say the vehicle cannot be repaired.
        Is that as in it is too far damaged to repair or the warranty will not cover it?

Comment

The manufacturer in Germany said the job they have done is the best they can do but it falls way below the original standard of the roof
          they accept the repair is not back to original factory fit hense offering a new replacement vehicle providing I pay up I don't think this is acceptable under the sale of goods act

Comment

How soon after purchase did the roof first buckle?

Comment

8 months

Comment

So you can still reject the vehicle, but the onus is on you to show it was not of satisfactory quality when purchased.
                The quality of goods includes their state and condition; and durability is an aspect of quality.

Alternatively you might have a claim against the warranty company depending on the wording of the warranty.
                Was it issued by the manufacturer or a third party insurance company?
                What is the wording?

Comment

The warranty is from the Manufacturer not an insurance company I had the van from new the roof was ok when I purchased it but warped whilst under warranty the manufacturer has tried to repair it but the workmanship is poor and didn't fix the underlying problems as such it has warped again they accept the van is not ok and have offered to in wind the deal less the time I have had use of it or I pay and they will replace the van for a new one

Comment

Unwind the deal

Comment

Well they do seem to be operating fairly.
                      All you have to do is agree a figure if you unwind.
                      They are in effect agreeing it was not of satisfactory quality.
                      They should also pick up the tab for any costs you have met due to the vehicle being unsatisfactory

If bought on finance keep the finance house advised as they are the owners

Comment

Thanks for your advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X