• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I am not having a good month with insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not having a good month with insurance

Hi,
    My son's bike was stolen overnight. It was locked to a metal rail outside our front door in our front garden. We have contacted insurance and they have said it is not covered as it was not stolen from inside a shed or something. We have cover for content loss or stolen in and outside the house. The bike was not inside the house but it was in our property. Is there anything I can argue here? I have reported it to the police already. WHre in the policy can I look for this? I don't understand that I am out an about and let's say my phone is stolen it is covered but my son's bike gets stolen from (outside) my property is not?
    Please help? He uses it to go to school and it was his birthday present and also a present for bringing home an excellent school report. I am gutted and so is he.
    Tags: None

Have you read the terms and conditions of your insurance cover? It would be good to identify what ''sufficient care of items'' actually means. Do you have any proof of the lock used to fix the bike to your property?

Comment

Hi I have read the information regarding your post on bike stolen. while you take the insurance you must know the what type of insurance you have taken.in the terms and conditions what they have mention according to your case if it was correct according to their rules definately they will provide you the insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by jhonpaul View Post
        Hi I have read the information regarding your post on bike stolen. while you take the insurance you must know the what type of insurance you have taken.in the terms and conditions what they have mention according to your case if it was correct according to their rules definately they will provide you the insurance.
        HI, and thank you for your response and I am sorry I have not replied sooner but my husband is in ill health and I am all over the place. I did look at the policy and there was nowhere that said it has to be inside the house. we have cover for lost of stolen nothing else. so If I have my lose my laptop outside the house it is cover but if they steal a bike from inside my front garden which is fenced and has a gate and the bike is locked it is not covered as it was not in the house itself? I wonder if I still have a case?

Comment

Could you please post up a link to your policy wording if it is on line.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X