• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I get a refund?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a refund?

Can i reject the car and get a refund?

The car started overheating and the dealer replaced the waterpump. The same day I collected it it gain suffered the same issue - the dealer had replaced the pump but not the pulley mechanism (which was probably the issue) - this subsequently mechanically failed (with quite a bang and then bang, bang , bang as the part bounced off the road and the underside of the car before disappearing out from the back) - the pulley wheel had seized.

The dealer says the car can now be collected but refuses - doesn't answer any email request for confirmation of work carried out.
    - I had pointed out that the car overheats could have damaged the engine - I want it assessed
    - the mechanical failure could have caused other physical damage i.e. in engine bay, underside of car - exhaust etc. - I also want this assessed.
    - the car also seems to have a slight wobble, and vibration of steering wheel something I had assumed to be tracking but it has been pointed out that this could be steering, suspension, tracking or any combination of - I also detailed this in my email and want it assessed also.

The dealer is not answering my repeated email requests and I want it in writing because verbal means nothing.

If I collect the car but do not have confirmation of work carried out then what recourse do I have (e.g. (if) it turns out the mechanical failure and part that broke off damaged exhaust - but if I take car away without confirmation that the underside has been looked at then it could be argued that the damage has occurred after the repair (truth is I also do not know if the dealer is obliged to consider additional damage caused by mechanical failure as I have detailed above).

I've had enough now - can I ask for a refund?

Advice would be greatly appreciated ( the 30 days runs out soon I purchased the car 31/01)
    Tags: None

The 30 day clock stopped while he had the car in for repair. So if you still have the wobble etc. then an absolute rejection and money back is called for. Yes keep it all in writing.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      The 30 day clock stopped while he had the car in for repair. So if you still have the wobble etc. then an absolute rejection and money back is called for. Yes keep it all in writing.
      hi, thanks for your reply

I do not want to re-collect the car.
      The dealer is claiming over the telephone that i asked for a repair which I did not but I didn't ask for a refund at the point either. After trying to research my consumer rights I have decided I want to reject the car - I had previously considered i would have to automatically accept a repair .
      The dealer also is claiming that they do not themselves deal with refund enquiries but use a legal company and on my request for details made on 02/03 they said they would email it me - I am still waiting.
      The dealer has made no attempt to acknowledge let alone address my concerns and has simply replaced the failed part.
      I notified the dealer by email 01/03 that I reject the car.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X