• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Dealer - repair refused at the outset.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok - all fine then - see what the car guys think of the defence.

Really stop getting sidetracked with who/where the defendant is getting their legal advice from xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I know I cant stand them they are vile and rude ...

Comment

I have just been examining the paperwork for this case - the signature of the company director on the court papers is not the same as that on the invoice of the car is this fraud ? can I get the case struck out ? I
        Last edited by Apollo14LMP; 13th March 2019, 15:50:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo14LMP View Post
          I have just been examining the paperwork for this case - the signature of the company director on the court papers is not the same as that on the invoice of the car is this fraud ? can I get the case struck out ? I
          You are suggesting the court papers have been signed by someone other than the director?
          Did you see the invoice being signed by this person? could it have been signed by an employee?
          Perhaps he's changed his signature... perhaps he is semi literate and it changes every time.

Comment

No i have the papers for the car he signed with me ... i have them here clear as day ...
            the statement in his name .. the signature is no way near the same ! Put together there is no way he signed that court statement !

Comment

You could write a reply to the defence... there are enough "discrepancies", but this needs to be served and filed when you return the directions questionnaire..... so we have a little time in which to write it.

Comment

Can i just ask for a strike out i dont pay fees .. or what do i do ? ....

Comment

So the signature on the statement does not match the signature on the invoice (which you saw being made)
                  This does not mean the documents were not signed by the same person (even tho' I might agree with you it is not proof!)

Tagging pt2537 for comments please on the import of this

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                    So the signature on the statement does not match the signature on the invoice (which you saw being made)
                    This does not mean the documents were not signed by the same person (even tho' I might agree with you it is not proof!)

Tagging pt2537 for comments please on the import of this
                    Hi , thanks Des8 for tagging me.

So their defence is you failed to give them the chance to effect a repair under the CRA 2015? what are the grounds for rejection? is it within 30 days of purchase or is it outside this time frame, if so you may have to afford them the chance to fix the car first.

I must confess i haven't had the chance to read the whole thread, only the posts from the defence onwards
                    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

I rang them twice and asked them to repair the car - they refused - made statements on the phone which included - were not shelling out on the car, and refused to fix it. Sent Breach of contract notices to the registered address. Their compound (never signed for refused Royal mail said)... wrote to them to fix car. As they refused their right of repair I rejected the car - I have a copy of my phone records which is my main issue - their refusal to fix the car. So their chance to fix the car went out the window. This was after 30 days - they didnt contact me till 22/12/18 when they offered to "look" at the car. They had already refused to repair it. Car was undrivable so I couldnt get it back anyway they knew this then got the Legalsolution4u.co.uk to contact me. If I ask someone to fix the car and they refuse is that a failed repair ?? They also state I must take the car back and have a form I signed which is on this thread which states I am "responsible" for taking the car back - which is disputed..

I also emailed on the day that they refused to fix the car - a breach of contract notice stating clearly what I have indicated above which is now that you have refused to repair the car I am rejecting it - stating that I note their comment - ie not shelling out on that car this was done on the day at 17.30 hrs an hour after their phone calls.

Comment

Email sent day of refusal never spoke to them since ...
                        Attached Files

Comment

I rang them twice and asked them to repair the car - they refused - made statements on the phone which included - were not shelling out on the car, and refused to fix it. Sent Breach of contract notices to the registered address. Their compound (never signed for refused Royal mail said)... wrote to them to fix car. As they refused their right of repair I rejected the car - I have a copy of my phone records which is my main issue - their refusal to fix the car. So their chance to fix the car went out the window. This was after 30 days - they didnt contact me till 22/12/18 when they offered to "look" at the car. They had already refused to repair it. Car was undrivable so I couldnt get it back anyway they knew this then got the Legalsolution4u.co.uk to contact me. If I ask someone to fix the car and they refuse is that a failed repair ?? They also state I must take the car back and have a form I signed which is on this thread which states I am "responsible" for taking the car back - which is disputed..

I also emailed on the day that they refused to fix the car - a breach of contract notice stating clearly what I have indicated above which is now that you have refused to repair the car I am rejecting it - stating that I note their comment - ie not shelling out on that car this was done on the day at 17.30 hrs an hour after their phone calls.
                          Right then in that case you can exercise the right to reject the goods, you must not at any time act in a way which is inconsistent with rejection. It seems to me you have good grounds to fight this case.

How much did you pay for the car?
                          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Thank you in the end 1500 but a matter of principle .. is it possible to get defence struck out ? Car dealer has not completed statement the signature is not his .... that cannot be right ? I believe the struck off solicitor is doing all this ... again thank you

Comment

Thank you in the end 1500 but a matter of principle .. is it possible to get defence struck out ? Car dealer has not completed statement the signature is not his .... that cannot be right ? I believe the struck off solicitor is doing all this ... again thank you
                              Its not sadly what you believe, its what you can prove, unless you have a handwriting expert the bar is very high and even if you were to apply to the Court the chances are the Court would say ok they have 14 days to resubmit correctly signed papers anyway.

Its not a point that id hang a strike out on, especially when you have far better points

Comment

Thank you for your kind advice ...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X