• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claiming refund from piano tutor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming refund from piano tutor

Hello,

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Two of my daughters had some piano lessons from a piano tutor, who was working through a company called Learning for Little Fingers. The invoicing came via that company, but I paid the tutor directly into her bank. I paid her £100 for the month's lessons in July, but she was having personal problems and so the lessons were put on hold. The tutor assured me (via a phone call) that the lessons would be fulfilled and that she would be in touch when her troubles settled down.

I never heard from her again, and so I began emailing her in December to ask for a refund. I didn't hear from her until last week, and she claimed that she has stopped working for Learning for Little Fingers, and does not have to issue me a refund as the payments were processed through them. She did not tell me she had left that company, nor did she contact me to rearrange the lessons.

Given that the money was paid to her bank account, I think that she is liable - is that correct? Also, when she contacted me to say she was not working for that company any more she offered to provide the lessons. I would rather not, given how poor her communication has been; I would rather have my money back and move oen.

Please could you advise me if the tutor is correct, or whether I can in fact try to recover the money from her?

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Do you have a copy of the invoice you received from the Little Fingers company ? Did they instruct you to make payment direct to the Tutors account?

Is Learning for Little Fingers the Manchester one? ( https://www.facebook.com/pg/Learning...=page_internal ) - their website is dead / pointless advertising and nothings been updated on their FB since last September so they may have closed, hence why the tutor isn't working for them any more. Have you tried communicating directly with the company ( think it's Laura ? ).
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you, Amethyst. Unfortunately I don't have anything directly from Learning for Little Fingers (yes, the Manchester company); all communication was direct from the tutor. Any links she sent me were to her page within the LLF website. If I send the company a message on Facebook, I wonder what I should say? It's not looking good, is it?!

Comment

Not really - were there any terms and conditions attached, maybe an email confirmation when you made your booking through them ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Not as far as I can see, Amethyst. Forms were stored online via that company's website, but as you say it's not really active anymore. I suppose I could take the tutor up on her offer, but I'd rather have had the money back - ah well!

Comment

Hmm, this is a really difficult situation. That's why I never liked the idea of online tutors. The only thing I understand is when you are studying with a tutor through some world-famous platforms, where you will get your money back if anything happens. But otherwise, it is stupid to believe that a man who gets money on his card will never fool you. I can tell you this because I know such people, I found them on the internet. Fortunately, I won’t become such a tutor. Due to this article “online tutoring jobs” I know on which platform I can work where people will trust me.
            Last edited by AdamRichell; 19th April 2020, 13:58:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X