• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reclaiming lost earnings at £19 per hour as a Litigant In Person - not so?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming lost earnings at £19 per hour as a Litigant In Person - not so?

Hi all,

Last week I was told that when taking a company to the Small Claims, and contrary to what i thought, my lost earnings for time spent preparing, attending trial, etc, could NOT be claimed if I won, as it was not the Fast Track.

Is this BS?
    Tags: None

Nope, you can not claim, in the same way that they cannot claim their costs from you if you lost. Ypu can claim your costs on the day, lost earnings,, up to £95, travel and parking. Unless they have been completely unreasonable, hard to show.

Comment

Have you claimed the fixed issue costs?

Comment

I'm sorry 2222 what are fixed issue costs?

ostell please could you point me to some webpages or reference for the total of £95?

Comment

& remember jury service you would only get the £95 loss of earnings as we found out

Comment

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...ixed-costs#1.1
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Loss of earnings:
              https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...rt27/pd_part27

The amounts which a party may be ordered to pay under rule 27.14(3)(c) (loss of earnings) and (d) (experts’ fees) are:

(1) for the loss of earnings or loss of leave of each party or witness due to attending a hearing or staying away from home for the purpose of attending a hearing, a sum not exceeding £95 per day for each person

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X