• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Who do I take action against?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do I take action against?

Hi all. I don’t know if this is the correct place to ask this question but I will give it a go. We employed a para legal to help us take somebody to court in about July 2017. In October 2017 we gave the firm £10,000 to pay the fees to court to start the action. In September of this year the man we had been dealing with told us he had stoped trading and that he had not started the court action. The company, registered with companies house, is a limited liability partnership. I reported this to the police who told me the man had committed fraud. My question is, do we try to get the money from the partnership or do we take action against the man himself?
    Tags: None

How was the person employed?

As themselves or a rep of the firm?

Comment

What are the police doing about this?

Comment

He was a partner in the business with what is now his wife, wedding probably paid for by us! The police are doing nothing, think we have just been added to the fraud figures.

Comment

Was it a regulated law firm ? ( check on the law society website if not sure )

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If he was a paralegal was he:
            a - licensed
            b - qualified

Comment

I have found out that at the time he did have insurance through the paralegal body he was a member of.

Comment

I believe he was both.

Comment

Insurance, that is good. You want to check out the third parties rights against insurers act 2010. That would definitely be a lot easier than a speculative claim against the individual, however deserving he is of being sued.

Of course, that is only if the insurance will cover the situation. You can check with the organisation he was a member of.

Comment

If he was a member of one of the Paralegal Organisations then they usually have details of what conduct that their members should abide by. Complaint against his conduct may be made to them for them to take some form of disciplinary action.

Comment

Thank you very much for your advice. I will contact the organisation on Monday. I will let you know how I get on.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X