• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cancelling a TUI holiday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling a TUI holiday

Hi All , we booked a holiday with Tui for 4 people travelling April 2019 we have paid the initial deposit of £300 it looks like we may need to cancel it due to a possible operation coming up in the next two months which involves a knee replacement . I am the lead person booking it , and both I and my wife have insurance, but the other two travellers dont and its one of these that is involved with the proposed operation . Do you think its possible to cancel the holiday without having to pay the full amount , and do you its possible I could make a claim on my insurance for the deposit ? I have looked through TUI's jargon but its not clear as to where I stand . I did another search and it stated that TUI could be able to ask for the full balance .. is this correct . Any guidance appreciated please
    Tags: None

Need to see the full wording of your insurance policy, but unlikely it will be covered although may depend on your relationship with the person undergoing the operation.

Comment

Their cancellation terms seem fairly straight forward:
      Period Before Departure When Notice Of Cancellation Is Received/ Percentage Of Total Booking Price

70 days or more (Loss of deposit)

69 - 57 days = 30%

56 - 43 days = 50%

42 - 29 days = 70%

28 - 15 days = 90%

14 - 0 days = 100%

Your deposit is non-refundable, even if the cancellation charge calculated is lower than the deposit amount paid. Where extra facilities or transport options, see Sections 10 and 11.4, are non-refundable, in part or in full, the cost of these will be added to the cancellation charge you have to pay..

If you booked using a Low Deposit Offer, the full deposit amount stated on your confirmation invoice will need to be paid upon cancellation.

The cancellation charge may be higher for certain travel arrangements, such as coach tours or scheduled airfares. Please ask for details of cancellation charges when you book and check your insurance policy to see if you'd be covered for the cost of any cancellation charges.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X