• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gave loan without contract. Please help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gave loan without contract. Please help.

It was a friend of mine who managed the company, now he refuses to pay back, I don;t even charge interest.

Please any advice.

Regards,
    PV
    Last edited by pumpkin14; 27th March 2014, 13:45:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Gave loan without contract. Please help.

. oops.

On what basis and terms did you lend the money? A verbal contract is just as binding and you can take your friend to the small claims court if need be. What reason is your friend giving for not repaying you? Is the company still trading? If you did lend to the company it should show in their accounts.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Was it loaned to the LTD company or the fiend personally would think it would be harder to get it back from the company

Comment

As Amethyst points out, verbal contracts are binding. The problem however, is proof. If it was was put through the books properly, you are in with a chance.

If not, and he makes no damaging admissions in the future, your chances of recovering the money are slim.

Comment

The initial plan was to finish a project carried out by the Ltd company, and money were expected to come in November.
          now that man owes great some of money in the form of my money landed , plus salary for my partner for 3 months (all together around 12.000)
          Last edited by pumpkin14; 27th March 2014, 15:08:PM.

Comment

Is the company still trading ?

Are they still live at Companies House ? ( http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//w...essCompanyInfo )

Your partner will be wanted to sue him for his wages too. Is he still working for him?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

WEll, Ltd had to pay workers because, if workers left the work place they would never finish the project and would be fined by the group who employed Ltd by 2000 a week for work stopped. So I decided to help, but never expected partner did not sign any contract he was just self-employed.

Stupid and trusting.

Now the man does not even want to answer the phone calls, his phone is always off and he rarely replies to emails.
              Last edited by pumpkin14; 27th March 2014, 15:08:PM.

Comment

They are still in Companies house.
                Last edited by pumpkin14; 27th March 2014, 15:10:PM.

Comment

They are still in Companies house.
                  Last edited by pumpkin14; 27th March 2014, 15:09:PM.

Comment

Is the friend a Ltd Company or is a sole trader self employed contractor working for a Ltd Company ? ( trying to work out if you are suing a ltd company or an individual)
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

The friend is a trader with a Ltd Company, my partner wanted to set links with business so he became involved with a friend who had a Ltd company.
                      Last edited by pumpkin14; 27th March 2014, 15:09:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X