• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

COVID-19 Small Business Grant scheme

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID-19 Small Business Grant scheme

Hi All
    I've been looking into possibly applying for the small Business grant of up to £10k, but before I sign on any dotted line I need to look in to how it's paid back after all this has past over and businesses can start trading again.
    I've been looking for over a day now on the repayments of the grant but can't find any mention of it, does anyone have any details on this please.
    Tags: None

Are you claiming because you do not pay Business Rates?

Comment

Small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief. If you are in receipt of business rate relief you shouldn't have to apply, the local councils are administering - contact them to check timings and if you would be eligible, and to update your details with them.
      The grant is not repayable ( ie. it's a grant, not a loan - so long as you follow the terms of the grant scheme it is not repayable )

https://assets.publishing.service.go...uidance-v3.pdf
      Under the Small Business Grant Fund (SBGF) all businesses in England in receipt of either Small Business Rates Relief (SBRR) or Rural Rates Relief (RRR) in the business rates system will be eligible for a payment of £10,000 in line with the eligibility criteria as set out in paragraphs 15-22.
      16. Hereditaments included in this scheme are those which on the 11 March 2020 were eligible for relief under the business rate Small Business Rate Relief Scheme (including those with a Rateable Value between £12,000 and £15,000 which receive tapered relief).
      17. These are hereditaments to which: a. Section 43 (4B)(a) of the Local Government Finance Act 1988 (small business rate relief) applied, and b. The value of E (as defined in article 3 of the Non-Domestic Rating (Relies, thresholds and Amendment) (England) Order 2017, SI 2017/102) was greater than 1.
      18. Hereditaments that were not eligible for percentage SBRR relief (including those eligible for the Small Business Rate Multiplier) are excluded.
      19. Hereditaments which on 11 March 2020 were eligible for relief under the rural rate relief scheme are also eligible for this scheme. These are hereditaments to which Section 43 (6B) of the Local Government Finance Act 1988 (rural rate relief) applied.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Our Council are making businesses register despite them having all the details.

Comment

Personally, I think it's a good idea to check with the council anyway - ensure they have up to date details for your business - they should have an info page on their websites to tell businesses what to do to save everyone ringing up though xx

Council relatively local to me says not to contact them...(but I'd likely check they have up to date email address in this case if I hadn't had an email from them for a while )
          What should I do to apply for the grant? ˅ We are currently setting up the processes we need to enable the council to pay the grants.*Please do not contact the council, we will notify you when we have next steps.
          Getting the grants to businesses is a corporate priority for the council. We are busy doing the background work required to ensure grant payments can reach businesses and will be contacting you shortly via the email addresses we hold.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Personally, I think it's a good idea to check with the council anyway - ensure they have up to date details for your business - they should have an info page on their websites to tell businesses what to do to save everyone ringing up though xx
            I fully agree with you but unfortunately they are so disorganised they are still using details from 13 years ago. We shall see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
              Are you claiming because you do not pay Business Rates?
              Yes, we have a small in-door market stall

Comment

I had nothing off our Council so went on their website, found the link for the grant application form and filled it in.
                I then emailed the form to them along with our last bank statement that they asked for

Comment

Absolutely the same situation is happening and I have at the moment, many thanks for this information, but it is not enough to solve my problem

Comment

Originally posted by swifty View Post
                    I had nothing off our Council so went on their website, found the link for the grant application form and filled it in.
                    I then emailed the form to them along with our last bank statement that they asked for
                    I can't find a service that could offer me a grant. Right now I want to open a small business related to coffee and after reading an article on Discover Magazine , I decided to open an LLC company. I still have one problem-it is to find the initial capital-which means to find a grant with about the same amount as you. A friend of mine told me that the grant applications are currently clogged in my state and that I can try my luck in another state, but I was told that I can't take a grant in a state where I don't live. Is it true? If you know the answer, please tell me. Thank you in advance

Comment

I assume as you talk about "state" you are not in the UK which is where we are and would doubt anyone on here would know much to help you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X