• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trademark query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trademark query

Hello,
    I would like some advice regarding a small non profit organisation i run. I am looking to get the organisation name trademarked however the current image associated with it is the work of a former colleague who gave his services for free. What are my options , any help would be appreciated!
    Tags: None

Ask the former colleague whether he/she is happy for you to trademark the image for the non-profit organisation ? but that's really only if you want to trademark the image/logo, or if you just want to trademark the name... for example we have the words 'LegalBeagles' trademarked AND separately we have the 'dogface' logo trademarked so they're both protected.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

We parted on not so friendly terms and don't really like to ask if i'm honest, suppose trademarking the name only is one possible solution! Thanks. Open to alternative suggestions!

Comment

The problem is if you trademark it and the 'designer' challenges your right to do so it can end up seriously expensive. I'd guess originally it was all quite informal and there's no written agreement as to ownership / rights etc.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X