• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

can I claim JSA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I claim JSA?

i will will try and keep this as brief as possible. I have been diagnosed with major depression and a personality disorder. I have been in and out of the mental health system and in and out of work over the last 20 years. I last claimed ESA from march 2014-Nov2014. I started to feel better at the end of last year and I went back to work. I took on the first job that was offered to me, being totally greatful. I worked at a snooker hall, behind the bar and kitchen. Stupid,because I don't get on too well with people but I just wanted to be working. Anyway total social anxiety, stuttering over my words, making mistakes and my boss starts calling me a div and making other inappropriate comments. Anyway to cut a long story short i felt distressed and last week didnt turn up for my shift and then the next day didnt go and I havent even heard anything anyway and haven't got out of my pjs since. I guess it would be easier to go back to ESA but I really want to work and quite frankly need help in finding a suitable job. Do you think I can claim JSA given I have just walked out of another job? Just on a side not I got a letter from MIND charity yesterday and they are offering me a work ability course which I think would be really good for me but need a referral from a job center work coach (what ever one of those is)
    Tags: None

Re: can I claim JSA?

Hi chees and welcome to Legal Beagles,
    Sorry about your health problems and your situation, I think you need a full benefits assessment and also a meeting at your local Job Centre.
    You need to explain fully your situation and also let them know about MIND and the help that you can have from them if you were allocated a JC coach.
    If you have a social worker maybe give them a call they could help to set things up properly for you.
    Whatever happens make sure these people work together for your benefit and hopefully get a job you can both enjoy and manage.
    Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X