• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Grumpy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumpy.

First post on here to much detail to put on here but the long and short of it, i was receiving JSA upto Jan 2014 and swapped to ESA for depression, anxiety, stress, i got the dreaded brown envelope from ATOS which was duly completed and returned when i was diagnosed by my GP started me off on a very light antidepressant throughout the year my medication has been changed for my depression.

At this time in march Atos withdrew from their contract ( to the relief of many who had been subject to their regimen) so no thirteen week assessment, last week received a letter from the jobcentre asking me to attend an interview bearing in mind i am still signed of sick until late January 2015 this caused a great deal of stress, when i had calmed down i rang and ask why, and was told this a voluntary interview and i did not have to attend when i questioned that no where on the letter did mention voluntary was just greeted with silence and then ask if i wished to make another appointment no was the reply end of conversation what on earth are the DWP playing my guess is the backlog facing the new contactor, anybody else experienced anything similar.

Grumpy
    Tags: None

Re: Grumpy.

Hi and Welcome.
    Is this the letter headed "Work focused interviews for ESA claimants"?
    This is part of the drive to help everyone into work, fit or not, and number of people I know on ESA have received one, and it's been standard for a long time now.
    As you found out it is voluntary, but they won't tell you that unless challenged!

Comment

Re: Grumpy.

Yes that is correct, but it's the stress it causes and with the medication i am on, i am not allowed to drive, and any health and safety in the workplace.
      Grumpy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X