• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I told the dwp from the beginning of my year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I told the dwp from the beginning of my year

I told the dwp from the beginning of my year and half unemployment that my wife worked 6hrs a week as a care assistant yet as the benefit office didn't take this in to account they know whish to claw back this is there anything else i can do to get them to cut this or pay back in instalments of just a £1 a month as i have no savings and at the end of each month left with nothing i have written to my mp i wouldn't mind but the last time i was out of work for nearly a year I only had 5 and a half months work till that company ceased trading at the employment tribunal the dwp clawed back £1500 that time to know do the same again is trying to finish me off. your urgent help and advice is much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: I told the dwp from the beginning of my year

Originally posted by Mrkakaka View Post
    I told the dwp from the beginning of my year and half unemployment that my wife worked 6hrs a week as a care assistant yet as the benefit office didn't take this in to account they know whish to claw back this is there anything else i can do to get them to cut this or pay back in instalments of just a £1 a month as i have no savings and at the end of each month left with nothing i have written to my mp i wouldn't mind but the last time i was out of work for nearly a year I only had 5 and a half months work till that company ceased trading at the employment tribunal the dwp clawed back £1500 that time to know do the same again is trying to finish me off. your urgent help and advice is much appreciated.
    Hello Mrkakaka and welcome to Legal Beagles.

From what you have posted, I feel it would be wise for you to contact CAB and ask them to advise you as to what course of action you should take. This is especially important if it appears the DWP have made errors, which they do make from time to time.

BB
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
      Hello Mrkakaka and welcome to Legal Beagles.

From what you have posted, I feel it would be wise for you to contact CAB and ask them to advise you as to what course of action you should take. This is especially important if it appears the DWP have made errors, which they do make from time to time.

BB
      thanks will contact although i have written to them once already with the situation but they don't seem to care at all what they are doing to you I have lived through 4 yrs of hell and then also i also have neighbours from hell to make things just that bit worse.

Comment

One thing most CAB's are competent in is benefits. They will not claw back everything at once. If you are on benefits it will be done at the rate of I think £5 per week, and £2.50 if you are already having deductions made.

Do you have solid proof to back up what you say in your initial post?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X