• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Benefits and tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefits and tax

Hope this is the correct forum.
    I am currently in the ESA support group have been in it for some time and dont expect my condition to improve over time.
    I have a website about the misdiagnosis by the NHS and sell online a guide of how to access medical records, get second opinion and go through the process of suing for misdiagnosis. I only sell one or two a month and at the most have sold three in a week.
    My question is:

Where do I stand as to earning money with DWP do tell them everytime I make a sale.

My other question is do I register to pay tax and how.

Thx in advance
    Last edited by Taxedbytax; 3rd March 2011, 16:14:PM. Reason: subscribe
    Tags: None

Re: Benefits and tax

Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles.

When you become self employed you are expected to register within 30 days
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/selfemployed/...er-selfemp.htm the link and details about registering is here.

You will need to account for all your income and your genuine expenses in this connection. Cost such as postage, packing materials, travel, subsistence can be claimed against tax. If you are unsure how to do this you may need to fin an accountant to help you. Although at this stage it does not sound like you have sold that many guides.

As far as DWP I am not sure, so I will let someone else answer you on that one.

Comment

Gosh it sounds so complicated. I should have mentioned earlier people just download the file so no actual costs involved

Comment

You said you sell one or two a week in your first post?

So why would you want to register for Tax if you are not earning any money from these sales?

Originally posted by Taxedbytax View Post
        Gosh it sounds so complicated. I should have mentioned earlier people just download the file so no actual costs involved

Comment

Sorry I wasnt clear I meant no costs to me. I charge £10 for 47 page guide. I am very worried about being charged with benefit fraud
          Last edited by Taxedbytax; 3rd March 2011, 16:50:PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

You should definately tell the DWP and register for tax if you are earning money.
            Originally posted by Taxedbytax View Post
            Sorry I wasnt clear I meant no costs to me. I charge £10 for 47 page guide. I am very worried about being charged with benefit fraud

Comment

Thx just wanted to be clear on that

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X