• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

how is income calculated for jsa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how is income calculated for jsa

I've Been out of work since april 2010 and until October I was getting contribution based JSA. Since then I have been trying to get income based. The Job centre hasmanaged to lose the application twice, send me a leter of entitlement and then suspend benefitswithout telling me tha it had happened. So the long and short of it is that I have no money for 13 weeks.
    The problem isthat we let rooms in our house and I cannot find any rules about alloowable expenses but the revenue have accepted a loss this of £2500.
    The business is in my wife's name and she works less than 18 wek at it .

our turnover however is consderable at nearly 36k . however out of this i have to fed 11 people 8 boarders an three family with colossalhoushold billseg 2k on electricity, 1k on gas, braodband wearand tear crockery etc etc.

so what rules apply are they obliged to take my filed tax return a proofof household income? I know its not a lot of money ut it's all that i get. i hate asking oh for every penny .
    Tags: None

Re: how is income calculated for jsa

got the letter of refusal today.
    I really wonder about the way these people work. They have based my so called income on my tax returns for 2008 and 2009. During these years I was working full time so of course my income is above the level for income related JSA. I wonder if they are actually allowed to access my past tax returns? so back to the faxand try to get some sense from people.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X