• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

tax credit backdating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tax credit backdating

hi everyone, i put in a new claim for taxcredit and was told by citizens advice i was entitled to 93 days backdated from the start of my claim.

so they issued me a form to fill in and i asked about the backdaring and was told it would be automatically bakdated and i didnt need to do anything.

i waited 4 week for the form to arrive filled it in and sent it straight back 3 week later there was a really small payment in my bank not even 1 weeks payment so i contacted them and asked why i had not been backdated and he said i should have put a letter in with the claim form, so i explained what i had been told about it automatically being backdated and he said no because you have started claiming benefits from dss.
    anyway he worked out what amount i'm entitled to and from the 7th june to the 7th september and said he would pass in though to the bakdating team to issue the payment.

my bank is in debt because ive not been receiving anything since i lost my job in june and havent been paying the direct debits for bills and other debts so any money is just been taken till i get the backpayment i'm owed.

has anyone been though this and how long did it take to sort out a payment?? or even know how long its going to take now

thanks

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X