• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DEA wrong name & address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEA wrong name & address

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place.

I run a small company with one other person, we are both shareholders and directors and the only employees of the company, no temporary employees or sub contractors.

Today our company has received a letter from DWP explaining a direct earnings attachment has be ordered against me, it has my national insurance number but the name is wrong, they are using my middle name and my home address is wrong, the address is somewhere in Scotland, I live in the south west of England.

First of all has someone been using my national insurance number to claim benefits from DWP under my name, well my middle name.

Secondly, do i have to pay the DEA and is it legally enforceable if the name is wrong.

Also, it says online that they cant use a DEA on self employed, is a company director classed as self employed, i know DWP do class company directors as self employed.

Any help would be grateful, until i can make calls on Monday.

Thanks,
    Will
    Tags: None

Do you have any court claims against you that could result in a DEA? Do you recognise anything about the DEA or know why a DEA against you might have been issued?
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

I don't have any court claims I'm aware of, it does say online the DWP don't need a court order for a DEA. I have not idea what it could be for, they have the wrong home address so I guess all letters have been sent there.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X