• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Care home fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were you I would still talk to your brother about getting Power of Attorney sorted. Even if he can make decisions now, he could go downhill suddenly and not be able to.

Comment

You will need lasting power of attorney. Otherwise it will lapse if your brother loses capacity

Comment

Thank you both it's difficult as at the moment I have no means of communicating directly. Have phoned the home several times only to be told he is fine.
        power of attorney isn't as simple as it sounds tried it my self and finding the acceptable people proved difficult our soliciter wanted nearly £600 to do the job so I am looking at the Gov. Going forward looks as if I will have to wait until communication is sorted.
        Thank you again
        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

What's wrong with you having LPA?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            What's wrong with you having LPA?
            Just my brain not getting my head round what is needed really!
            Whom to on appoint. as the person who would confirm that I was of sound mind!!

Comment

Something seems strange. First of all, funds missing, then payment has been, no contact from Social helper, I'm not PC 49 but take a look at the overhaul picture this seems to me to be very strange and needs looking into, just my opinion.

Comment

are you his closest relative? If so it would be sensible if you were his LPA. It is very easy on the Govt website and costs approx £80 for each of the two parts. health and Welfare and Property & Finance. Waste of money paying a solicitor, I was quoted £1200!

Comment

[QUOTE=Archie.2;n1567079]Something seems strange. First of all, funds missing, then payment has been, no contact from Social helper, I'm not PC 49 but take a look at the overhaul picture this seems to me to be very strange and needs looking into, just my opinion.[/
                  My thoughts exactly, then all of a sudden he can get in line but hasn’t contacted me?
                  sadly he has been almost a hermit for over twenty years. Last I saw him his mobility was poor but he is not forth coming on his finances., he is my little brother
                  It’s difficult as he is almost 200 miles away
                  Dont know how I can get to the bottom of things

Comment

Duplicate post
                    Last edited by dogtired; 24th February 2021, 14:59:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by twohoots View Post
                      are you his closest relative? If so it would be sensible if you were his LPA. It is very easy on the Govt website and costs approx £80 for each of the two parts. health and Welfare and Property & Finance. Waste of money paying a solicitor, I was quoted £1200!
                      His older sister.still cannot speak to him direct, I just want him to be safe and upset that he maybe taken advantage of.

Comment

Program about LPA etc on Radio 4 this afternoon. The magic of BBC Sounds!

Comment

I wil
                          Originally posted by ostell View Post
                          Program about LPA etc on Radio 4 this afternoon. The magic of BBC Sounds!
                          I will ask Alexa!

Comment

BBC sounds app or iPlayer

Comment

Got to sort out my own LPA to be fair!

Comment

Yet another update. Phoned the home again, Answered by a person who did not state who they were or the name of the home.( He was quite aggressive)
                                Finally got through to the Manager who again states that he has computer access through the homes WiFi and has been able to move his money around ?
                                Phoned the local Social Services his named social worker is on holiday but spoke to the duty social worker who agreed it seemed strange and promised they would look into it .
                                Still feel uneasy about things but agree my brother can be a funny old b****r and gets very upset when asked about his finances.
                                Think did the right thing by contacting his Soliciters and it may be that that moved things on, I just don't know as not able to contact him via phone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X