• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

universal Credit sanction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• universal Credit sanction

I was wondering if anyone could advise me if it is worth going to a tribunal over my UC santion. They have taken a whole months money from me leaving me with on £6.40 for the entire month for failing to meet my work coach on a particular date.

I am signed of work with depression and have a couple of diagnosed MH conditions. I was moved from the support group ESA to UC at the start of the year which has seen me go from £250 a fortnight to £230 per month.

I do not have Internet at home and have to go into town to check my UC Account. I did not know about the appointment as I had a chest infection which in turn made my asthma awful and I could not leave the house for sometime.

When I did eventually see my work coach all she wanted to do was see my current sick note and see me for all of 2mins so it was nothing that important anyway.

I did ask her what I could do about the sanction and she wasn't sure so she went and spoke to a college and then told me she would fill out a form on her computer and asked me for a brief outline. I told her that I didn't have Internet and that the day of my appointment I saw my doctor for health problems and was given anti biotic and steroids.

I have since found out this was a mandotory reconsideration. I wasn't told of the process or that I could submit evidence. Basically they said that I should have known about the appointment as apparently the send out sms messages but I didn't know they didn't have my current phone number (something I updated them with around two weeks ago). They also said the sick note I provided was dated for two days after the appointment. This is because when I saw the doctor I was two sick to even think of asking for one and I actually telephoned to ask the doctor to update it for me a cope of days after I had seen her and anyway it was a continuation sicknote anyhow.

I am really tired, fed up and honestly don't feel like fighting unless someone can say I have a really good chance of winning. I don't even have the money to print out the blasted forms required to appeal and of course they won't send me them either.

Any advice really greatful. Thanks
    Tags: None

Oh yeah and the mandotory reconsideration increased my sanction by a couple of days too.

Comment

You lose nothing by going to tribunal and if you don't appeal you won't win.

Visit your local CAB to see if they will help you with the forms, or point you in the direction of help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X