• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ultralase - duty of care to me despite going bust?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultralase - duty of care to me despite going bust?

Hi all,

I had laser eye surgery with Ultralase in 2002, with free aftercare and laser eye 'top-ups' if necessary, for life.

They later went bust, i.e. into administration. They then started a new company, called Ultralase again, and took over all the old business office premises, the client database, etc. They told me when I went for follow up treatments/consultations that they were under no obligation "any longer" to treat me, which seems wrong to me, but they would do so anyway, free of charge. Becuase I complained and kicked up a stink. We are talking about my eyes.

I have seen them three times over the years, and been told I am not ready for a top-up surgery.

And now it is finally time, they have told me they will no longer see me, as this is "their legal right!!!"

I am taking them to Court, and have gotten a Subject Access Report which does show they told me they would re-treat me for free.

Does anyone have any advice about my rights here? Or Government agencies/regulators/codes of conduct to consider?

And, of course, relevant law that would apply here?

Thank you,

AC
    Tags: None

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultralase :
    When Russell Ambrose acquired Ultralase, its existing patients discovered that Ambrose would not honour their lifetime aftercare guaranteed on purchase.
    As a result of an investigation by BBC Watchdog, broadcast on 8 October 2015, in response to the negative publicity, Ambrose agreed to reinstate their aftercare
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...QmCT/ultralase

Perhaps a letter of complaint to the CEO might work :

Comment

Hi I’m in exactly the same position as yourself I had my surgery in 2008 i organically took out finance but paid the amount off in full before the agreement ended could you let me know if you have made any head way with getting this thanks k*

Comment

Me too not sure where to go now

Comment

I contacted Ultralase today and was told by the call centre staff member that my lifetime aftercare guarantee was now null and void as Ultralase went into Administration... so KAW7676 maybe it's time to write to the CEO or the BBC's Watchdog. I will certainly be saving the reply from DES8 should I need any further care.

Comment

Does anyone have any updates from fighting their case for further treatment from ultralase ..I need treatment and am in the same situation as op. I paid some on finance to creation and wonder if I can go to them for help? Any info would be greatly appreciated :-)

Comment

Did anyone have any joy at all? I am in the same position. It looks like a tax dodge to me, change name slightly and ownership but yet still be linked I would guess.

any advice would be great.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X