• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Esa after pip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esa after pip

Hello all,
    It has been a long time since my last visit here.
    I was asking for advice on PIP for my husband and after a few very stressfull months he was succesfull on his appeal and the DWP changed their mind after they received a letter from the GP and we did not have to go to court.
    Siince then we have seen he could be enittled to ESA benefit? I have been reading about it and apparently it is the same procedure as in PIP. SO after the horrible experience my husband does not want to go through it all again even though we always seem to struggle with bills and he is entitled to it? I have sugested we get a copy of the letter the GP wrote that changed the DWP's mind (aparently very rare for this to happen) and maybe used it together to make a stronger case? DO all these assessments require an interview? MY husband suffered a stroke that has left him with mobility isuses on his righ side, not able to use his right arm and walks with a walking stick. HE also suffers from COP, Sleep apnea (he struggles keeping awake during the day as he is always so tired even though he receives treatment but that does not seem to work), Depression, Asthma, and HSP (a vascular illness that mainly affects his legs)
    He was awarded high living and high mobility for PIP indefinite . He si also afraid that applying for ESA might mess up all the PIP? Any advice appreciated
    Many thanks,
    Nafta
    Tags: None

Originally posted by nafta View Post
    Hello all,
    It has been a long time since my last visit here.
    I was asking for advice on PIP for my husband and after a few very stressfull months he was succesfull on his appeal and the DWP changed their mind after they received a letter from the GP and we did not have to go to court.
    Siince then we have seen he could be enittled to ESA benefit? I have been reading about it and apparently it is the same procedure as in PIP. SO after the horrible experience my husband does not want to go through it all again even though we always seem to struggle with bills and he is entitled to it? I have sugested we get a copy of the letter the GP wrote that changed the DWP's mind (aparently very rare for this to happen) and maybe used it together to make a stronger case? DO all these assessments require an interview? MY husband suffered a stroke that has left him with mobility isuses on his righ side, not able to use his right arm and walks with a walking stick. HE also suffers from COP, Sleep apnea (he struggles keeping awake during the day as he is always so tired even though he receives treatment but that does not seem to work), Depression, Asthma, and HSP (a vascular illness that mainly affects his legs)
    He was awarded high living and high mobility for PIP indefinite . He si also afraid that applying for ESA might mess up all the PIP? Any advice appreciated
    Many thanks,
    Nafta
    OK it looks like he cannot claim as I work more than 24 hours a week
    even though he is not able to work he is 60 so no pension yet....dont think he can claim any other benefits to help with life.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X