• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPi refunds to Iva company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPi refunds to Iva company

I have been with a Iva company for about 8months with no problem. They did ask is there could be any PPi due back from my creditors and I said no as there is none and did not fill in the permission form for them to search as I know there is definitely none. While clearly our old paperwork in November ther was paperwork from Abbey national and other credit card companies from1998 to 2006. I was not sure if ppi were on any of these but still contacted them. Long story short I have been awarded just over £5000 from 4 companies. These companies sent the payments to the Iva company. I contacted the Iva company and they say this is an asset even if the ppi is not from current creditors listed in the Iva. I asked if I could have something back as I have a domestic emergency and cannot obviously obtain credit to help and cannot use wages without it causing me financial hardship for me and my son as I am a single parent with one wage coming in.
    Tags: None

Re: PPi refunds to Iva company

they say this is an asset even if the ppi is not from current creditors listed in the Iva.
    This is correct, it should go into your IVA.

I've written an article here http://debtcamel.co.uk/cant-afford-iva-payments/ on what happens if you are struggling with the IVA payments. Only 8 months in, this is not good news. Do you mind saying what the domestic emergency is? How much are you paying into the IVA each month? Do you think this is actually affordable, or have you committed to paying more than you can afford?

Comment

The emergency is before Xmas my fridge freezer died. I am not struggling with the payments as I am surviving with the budget worked out. It's just this is something unexpected. My monthly payment is 122 a month.

Comment

You could ask your IVA firm if you could have a payment break for a few months.

Things do happen, this wont be the only thing that breaks in your IVA. Could you try putting £25 a month aside in an emergency fund? Not easy I know.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X