• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Upheld PPI Claim on a joint policy but only paying 50% as one person is dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upheld PPI Claim on a joint policy but only paying 50% as one person is dead

Hi There,

I have successfully got a PPI claim against the Halifax, for cover on my mother & fathers mortgage many years ago,
    my father has since passed away and they have sent the figures back deducting 50% of the claim due to only my mother being able to claim, so i was wondering is this correct are they able to do this as it was my mother who paid it ????

thanks

James
    Tags: None

Re: Upheld PPI Claim on a joint policy but only paying 50% as one person is dead

Originally posted by James Mcdonald View Post
    Hi There,

I have successfully got a PPI claim against the Halifax, for cover on my mother & fathers mortgage many years ago,
    my father has since passed away and they have sent the figures back deducting 50% of the claim due to only my mother being able to claim, so i was wondering is this correct are they able to do this as it was my mother who paid it ????

thanks

James

Hi folks,

Thanks for all the replies and help,

Comment

Re: Upheld PPI Claim on a joint policy but only paying 50% as one person is dead

I would try Martin Lewis, unfortunately I haven't had a response to my questions either, possibly just missed us. I will try once more. I would have thought that your father's share would go to the widow, this being your mother, but I am guessing there will be some get out for the bank. Hope you get an answer or some help.

Comment

As post 3 - the father's "share" forms part of his estate and his Personal Representatives have the right to bring a claim in the stead of the deceased.

The only snag is Probate is required if not already obtained.

However, pointing that out to the Halifax may be enough to persuade them to reconsider.

Comment

Hi James ,
          im about to start a claim for a friend going back to 1998. Just looking at a few threads it looks a bit hard

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X