• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DSAR blacke out details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSAR blacke out details

Hi
    I have received my DSAR documents from ge money. a large proportion of the details have been blacked out with a permanent marker, can they do this, and can I request these documents in an original state with all the information readable.
    thanks
    Gill x
    Tags: None

Re: DSAR blacke out details

Hi

Was the account just under your name or was it a joint account Gill?

If joint then they can blank out the personal details of the partner, and they can also blank out their names etc, however anything to do with you and your finance should be there for you to see, as that is what you paid for, write/email them to get them to send you readable copies, tell them failure to comply to this you will be in touch with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) x

Comment

Originally posted by gillwall View Post
      Hi
      I have received my DSAR documents from ge money. a large proportion of the details have been blacked out with a permanent marker, can they do this, and can I request these documents in an original state with all the information readable.
      thanks
      Gill x
      Is this a joint account?

Comment

Thanks Di, it was a joint request with both signatures on the letter. We also requested the broker information, but this hasn't been supplied either,
        Thanks
        Gill x

Comment

Hi nemisis it was a joint request with both signatures on the letter. We also requested the broker information, but this hasn't been supplied either,
          Thanks
          Gill x

Comment

Hi Gill,
            Each " data " subject Must make an individual request accompanied by the £10 statutory fee.

The Broker data will have to be obtained from the broker as it was a 3rd party to the matter.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X