• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I claim from GE Capital (portfolio now owned by NewDay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I claim from GE Capital (portfolio now owned by NewDay

Hello

In 2000, I took out a Topshop card which was sold to me in store. The PPI was sold to me at the time as something that would cover payments if I was out of work, plus I could claim back the difference if anything I bought was then reduced in the sale. Sounds great, I thought.

Then in 2001/2, I took out a Dorothy Perkins storecard, and a Debenhams storecard. In 2004, I was unemployed, found out that the PPI insurance didn't actually cover me as I wasn't made redundant, I couldn't afford the payments, and all three were passed on to debt collectors resulting in CCJs.

I've recently won money from Barclaycard for similar reasons (the insurance did not cover me in the way the sale led me to expect it would) and I'm wondering whether I can do anything here. The complicating factors are a) while I couldn't claim when unemployed, I did claim back the difference for payments reduced b) that the accounts were eventually paid back via CCJ c) the portfolio has since been sold on and GE Capital don't appear to service the accounts anymore.

Is there anything I can do or would this be a hiding to nothing?
    Tags: None

Re: Can I claim from GE Capital (portfolio now owned by NewDay

Sorry, typo: I meant that I claimed back the difference for items reduced in the sale.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X