• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance Pre 2000 PPI Underwriter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance Pre 2000 PPI Underwriter?

Does anybody know who was underwriting Welcome Finance PPI in 1999? Anyone with an old agreement?
    The only way to nail them is with this information. I have spoken to the FSCS, FCA and FOS. The FOS said they will investigate only if I can tell them the underwriter. I have all the rest of the information from a recent SAR request.
    I know I was charged PPI on three loans in 1999.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome Finance Pre 2000 PPI Underwriter?

More than likely to be Norwich Union ( Aviva) .
    Mine was, I have an " agreement" from 2003 however.
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
      More than likely to be Norwich Union ( Aviva) .
      Mine was, I have an " agreement" from 2003 however.
      Evidently, they were the underwriters from June 2000.
      However, I have today received a reply from Aviva regarding a PPI claim they threw out for a HP policy sold by Welcome Finance.
      The basis of my claim is that I was self-employed at the time, thereby ineligible. They have written back today stating that their policy covered self-employment?
      This is the first time I have ever heard that. Since when did PPI cover self-employed people?
      Any ideas?

Comment

Not really, as you know Welcome are no longer trading.
        Do you have a copy of your aggrement, will dig mine out tomorow and check.
        Last edited by dogtired; 16th January 2015, 05:19:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thanks for your quick response.
          The email I got was from the lady at Aviva who paid my previous PPI claim without any problem, but she seems to have a bee in her bonnet now.
          She is saying that their policy covered self-employed people.
          That is news to me. I have never heard of any PPI policy covering self-employment.

Comment

I have asked for a copy of the policy

Comment

Right dug out mine!
              Date in small print if 07/02
              Actually dated August 2002
              Note it mentions "Self employed" on both sides and mentions "Direct Group" and "Norwich Union"
              Some time ago I was advised I would be able to claim off Aviva and with the help of LB eventually got some cash back but NOT from Welcome thy passed mine onto two DCA and continue to hassle us, despite LB and the CAB saying it was irredeemably unenforceable
              This foram has been an ispriation and a great help to me.
              We also help others but my knowledge is limited hope some one else can also help!

PPI side 1.pdf
              PPI side 2.pdf
              Last edited by dogtired; 16th January 2015, 17:03:PM.

Comment

Thanks for your efforts.
                Ironically, I received a copy of the policy wording this morning via email from the lady at Aviva.
                The relevant points are these:-
                You have to have been in `full employment` for the previous 12 months prior to taking out the loan/PPI. Which I hadn`t.
                My self-employment at the time involved what was known as `trade-plating`, i.e. collecting and delivering vehicles travelling between jobs using trade plates. I only worked for the one company, but some days you didn't work at all, others you just got one job. I think that it may not qualify as `full time employment`.
                You have to have proof that you paid NI and Tax contributions during that self-employment, which I didn`t.
                There are a few other minor queries, however, I will try one last time with Aviva and then go to the FOS.

Comment

sounds like a plan! Good luck

Comment

I have a PPI document /leaflet for a HP document issued in 1999 , printed in 1997.It says the underwriters for Welcome Finance were
                    a consortium of subscribing insurers. A.A.Cassidy&Others (Syndicate 582 at Lloyds of London), SCOR UK Company Ltd. and Zurich Insurance Company.
                    They remain on the Companies House List .
                    Hope that this is helpful.

Comment

Hi, Referring to your last post on here 24/03/2015, was there any addresses for the companies mentioned?

Comment

Bump

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X