• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC PPI

I'm currently trying to claim back PPI on 2 loans I took out, in Jan 2004 and Oct 2005 on the grounds that I had a pre-existing medical condition. I got 2 letters saying they were still investigating (same as other posters) and then a final one saying that at the time I was given a product information pack and a policy document and had a 30 day period in which to cancel.
    The first loan was negotiated in person, at my local branch of HSBC. The point is that 12 days prior to that I had suffered a serious fall, which resulted in a broken arm and fractured pelvis as well as other back injuries. The person who I spoke to implied that the PPI was a condition of taking out the loan. As I literally hobbled into the room, using a walking stick, my medical condition was extremely obvious and as far as I recall was mentioned during the conversation.
    I've written back to them saying that as it was patently obvious at the time of signing the agreement that I was suffering from a pre-existing medical condition, their employee deliberately missold the PPI, being fully aware that I would not be able to claim.
    Do you think I have any chance of getting my payments refunded?
    Interestingly enough, I was refused a small increase on my overdraft last week, even though I paid off the loans on time (early in the second case) and only owed £300 on my credit card. I've heard stories in the past about customers who complained being 'punished'.
    These people really are sharks, when I took out my mortgage with Halifax, the manager got really stroppy when I refused to take out PPI and outlined this whole (frankly distressing to a single parent) scenario about how my daughter would be left homeless and destitute, should anything happen to me, bla bla bla ...... I'm a lot wiser now though.

Re: HSBC PPI

Have you sent the LBA for this claim?

Comment

Is the LBA the loan agreement that I signed?
      I didn't send them a copy, just quoted account and reference numbers. I do have a copy, though, and from the signatures it was obviously signed in the presence of the bank official.

Comment

No, I meant which letters have you sent requesting the return of your PPI payments.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X