• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

First plus/ scarlet money/ Barclays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First plus/ scarlet money/ Barclays

Hi, my late husband and i went to First plus for a loan, this came through form a company called Scarlet Money. We requested PPI as the loan was secured on our house. The loan was due to run until 2017, my husband died in 2012,. The insurance turned out to only cover half the term of the loan, and this expired before my husbands death. I have had to remortgage to pay off this exorbitant loan, and thought i would be able to claim miss sold due to the above mentioned. Apparently Scarlet money went in to recievership 2008, and as such i can only go throgh FSCC.
    Interestingly the policy was underwritten by Barclays for First plus. I phoned the number on my insurance policy and spoke to someone at Barclays, and have had a letter to say my complaint has been logged, and i should contact First Plus.
    I googled the " Barclays" number and this came up with First plus !!
    Please if anyone knows was scarlet money also part of these two big companys/ scammers
    Tags: None

Re: First plus/ scarlet money/ Barclays

Originally posted by junksmum View Post
    Hi, my late husband and i went to First plus for a loan, this came through form a company called Scarlet Money. We requested PPI as the loan was secured on our house. The loan was due to run until 2017, my husband died in 2012,. The insurance turned out to only cover half the term of the loan, and this expired before my husbands death. I have had to remortgage to pay off this exorbitant loan, and thought i would be able to claim miss sold due to the above mentioned. Apparently Scarlet money went in to recievership 2008, and as such i can only go throgh FSCC.
    Interestingly the policy was underwritten by Barclays for First plus. I phoned the number on my insurance policy and spoke to someone at Barclays, and have had a letter to say my complaint has been logged, and i should contact First Plus.
    I googled the " Barclays" number and this came up with First plus !!
    Please if anyone knows was scarlet money also part of these two big companys/ scammers
    Hi and welcome

So sorry about the loss of your beloved husband.

Yes I believe you still have reason to make a reclaim as it never "fully" protected you, if successful they will refund the remaining of the ppi plus the relevant interest.

Have you made a start with the FSCS yet?
    I take if this policy was taken out from Jan 2005 and they were FSA regulated?
    If so then yes do go to the FSCS.

The underwriter would be the last resort, if for example the business your complaining of were not regulated by the FSA at the time you were sold the ppi.

I will do more researching on Scarlet, as to be honest I have not actually came across them before x

Comment

Hi junksman,

Barclays own Firstplus that probabley why the have logged your complaint. Firstplus no longer give loans they just managed there loan books

Comment

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...chid=156114230

Some stuff on the above MSE for your perusal.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X