• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ppi help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ppi help

Hi this is my first post although i have read so many good posts and responses from the experts and most of them on ppi. that's where my question arrives
    its in two parts
    1)~does anybody know the address that i send a SAR to Birmingham & Midshire ppi claim address I had a very very large mortgage with them over £300,000 (those were the days) and sold the property four years later i know i paid ppi.but i have no details on this account.
    2)I had a Barcleycard in 2001/3 And paid ppi but i defaulted on the account. The dept was taken over by a DCA No payment has been made, has the debt automatically become statue barred and can i apply for ppi i have the card number on this account.

thank you in advance
    Tags: None

Re: ppi help

Hi and welcome

I am not too sure on the last part of your question, but has the debt been fully taken on or fully assigned by a DCA?
    Not that it makes any difference, but I am sure you can still make a reclaim on the PPI, if the debt was fully sold to another DCA not related to the bank's dca, then the chances are the refund will come back to you, but maybe someone in this position can clarify further on this for you.

Meanwhile, I have found the website of Birminham & Midshire here;

http://www.bmmortgages.co.uk/

You can send an email to ask for the details to request for the SAR, try that first. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Hi and thanks for your advice ...just a quick up-date Barcleycard have settled the ppi Thank you.
      I also sent two SAR request to Birmingham and Midshires and Barcleys I used your templates and enclosed £10.00 Postal Order in each.
      I also gave them more than enough information
      there run out date as stipulated in the SAR is tomorrow. Delivery was received for both firms as the information i sent was recorded delivery,
      can you advise me what i should do next. as I persume they are not going to answer me by the date. thank you in advance again

Comment

Hi there

So 40 calendar days is up tomorrow then (Friday)?

Let me know if nothing received in the post by then and I will send you the template letter to chase this up, if they fail again from here you can complain to the Information commissioners office (ICO).

Comment

Hi Dizzy Di thanks for your help again. No they have not responded after the 40 days ,so if you could send me the link or post i would be very gratefull.
          is this normal practice for the banks? Thanks

Comment

Hi

I shall find this for you and post it as soon as poss (just waiting for my visitors to leave) lol :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Do you know if they have debited the cheques you sent them yet?

Right this letter before action and to remind them is below, this is actually from the Information commissioners Office (ICO) website, you also complain to these if the businesses fail to comply.

This is what you need to send them, email it if you can :-)

[Your full address]
              [Phone number]
              [The date]
              [Name and address of the organisation]

Dear Sir or Madam

Non response to a subject access request: (account number)

I am writing further to my letter of [date] in which I made a subject access request, because I have not received any response from your organisation.

As the statutory time limit for responding to my subject access request (40 days) has now expired, I would be grateful if you could provide a response as soon as possible.

If I do not receive a response from your organisation within 14 days, I will submit a ‘request for assessment’ to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).

You can find advice on the ICO’s website on how to deal with a subject access request [ico.org.uk/sar] and information on their powers and the action they can take [ico.org.uk/action] or call them on 0303 123 1113.

*If there is anything you would like to discuss, please contact me on the following [telephone number].

Yours faithfully

[Signature]

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
              Link to above info and ICO here

http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/personal_information
              *optional

Comment

Hi thanks for that Dizzy Di I sent postal orders i think i read somewhere that's what i should do?
                i will send this off recorded delivery again thanks for all your help and i will keep you informed

Comment

ohhhhh thanks dizzy di that did the trick and all sorted thanks to you and Legalbeagles your a star...
                  now i know i have a cheek but as im going so well. I had another mortgage from 1998 to 2003 with a company
                  called S.P.M.L I have the account number but who and where are S.P.M.L located to send a ppi form to, and is the company still trading?
                  once again I need your help Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X